Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a 14" Smart Parts Progressive barrel and am looking at upgrading. People have been telling me to go with a Boomstick. That sounds like a good idea, but it's a lot of money. Any other suggestions out there? Also what other mods are worth doing??

·
Registered
86 Posts
i've had the same barrel on my 98c for years, and i've never had any complaints. accurate enough that i actually nailed someone in the hand while they were blind-firing behind a bunker from about 60-70 feet, yet relatively inexpensive.

i dont believe that there exists a best barrel upgrade for any gun, its all about preferences, so go with whatever you're comfortable with

if you really want to compare barrels for your 98c look here Paintball Barrel Test - PbNation a study shown on pbn of many of the top barrels of paintball

·
Registered
78 Posts
A dye boomstick is gonna run you around $100 I dont think It would make sense putting a $100 barrel on a $170.00 marker. Save your $$ and purchase a new marker, upgrades for the tippman will run you more than it cost new and it still will make a modest, at best improvement..

·
Registered
50 Posts
the 18 i nch interceptor barrel is a very good option. Go and look on youtube if you dont beleive me. Its about 80 bucks but syill worth it DO NOT i repeat DO NOT BUY A FLATLINE OF AN APEX THEY ARE NO TALK AND NO PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a boomstick and i think its pretty good, considering that i paid 100 dollars for my gun and the barrel itself cost that much, it has good range and is accurate (i'm able to snipe people with my friend that has a flatline, he also has a 4x optical scope, although he gets about 50 more ft than me), and no the flatline isn't that bad, they have the range and accuracy if installed correctly (dont go over 290 fps). But i do agree that what you have is good enough; another thing besides a boomstick on my 98c worth considering is a regulator (definitely worth the money gets about 500 more shots in on a 20 oz co2, the air you save will pay back eventually)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts