Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a crowbar, especially in the hands of a skilled user. It's fairly lightweight, and it's perfect for a good shot through the eye to the brain (brainshots are the only surefire way to kill a zombie, aside form vaporization). Not only that, but it is perfect for prying doors open, or taking apart boards and other things in order to enter buildings. It's much better than an axe or bat or sword.

Also, the shotgun isn't as useful as it is portrayed in film. In real life, you are much better off with a semi-automatic rifle. Several well placed shots to the head can take multiple zombies down at rapid speed. A shotgun only has a few uses before you need to reload, and you have to be fairly close to use it. The Rifle is a much better seleciton.

Flamethrowers also aren't that good, zombies don't feel pain, and all it will do is merely make a flaming zombie come at you, in turn creating a more dangerous situation.

A certian someone on this forum that just made a thread a few places down needs to back me up here. Experienced zombie hunters always stick together.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
been playing half-life much? a crowbar wouldn't be too bad, but why would you need to pry open doors/windows? woulnd't it be better to nail them shut to keep zombies out?
I'm a fan of a katana myself. one smooth action and there's their head rolling ont he ground.

I'm still considering not speaking to you after the fantasy leagues fiasco of you>everybody.

·
hotty supreme
2,265 Posts
haha, i spent the entire summer working with my best friend in a bus garage, and we literally talked about this just about every day. more important than weapons would be to find out where you're going and how you plan on moving when you need to. a crowbar can only get you so far in a zombie breakout, gotta get food, weapons to use at a distance, etc.

we figured best case scenario would be to possibly barricaded yourself in a super walmart, chillin the rafters of the ceiling, or possibly outside on the roof and defending the base.

and since we needed transportation we chose good ol bus ov2. (the number assigned to a short bus/van with tinted windows and good pick up, capacity etc

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
only problem with the crowbar is it requires getting pretty close to the zombies.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Cricket paddle > *

But personally I'd rather be armed with a chainsaw and a .454 Casull for when I run out of gas.

And as far as rifles go, I would rather not carry one altogether. They're great for those situations when the zombies are off in the distance, but it's virtually useless when there are six or seven gnawing on your ankles. Given the choice I'd much rather carry a shotgun with a full choke and 0-buckshot. And if you need some range, carry rifled slugs.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
For zombies I'd want one of these:

Silenced so it's pretty quiet (don't want to alert more zombies to your location than you need to), 9mm is lightweight and still plenty effective (you can carry a lot of ammunition), it's small and compact (so it can be easily maneuvered), and with 30 round magazines it can be reloaded quickly and it's capable of full automatic or burst modes (in case you have to "spray and pray" as you're running away). You can also carry a silenced 9mm handgun as a backup and use the ammo interchangeably.

I wouldn't want an unsilenced gun as it just alerts more zombies to your position and I wouldn't want a crow-bar, knife, bat, ect as my ONLY weapon, as it requires getting close to the zombies.

You can tell I've put some thought into this previously.:rolleyes:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
This is pertaining tot he best hand-to-hand weapon, so all you gun lovers are SOL.
The trick with zombies is to keep them back, since the only way they can hurt you is by infecting you at close range. Distance is key. If it gets to the point where you're relying only on hand-to-hand combat to keep back many zombies, you're probably not going to make it. All it takes is one bite (or even some blood spatter in your eye) at close range, and you're done for.

Anyway, the original poster talked about shotguns and rifles, so I can talk about guns too.:p

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Martix, that was the thing I was trying to find i had it in my mind but could not remember wtf it was for anything lol.
I just googles "stanley demolition" and found it:) it's called the FUBAR by the way, how incredibly badass is that?

How can anybody play dead rising? I can't even get past trying to shoot the crazy guy at the very start.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
More like walk around pretending to be a zombie.

It isn't like zombies eat other zombies, that'd just be rude.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
I just googles "stanley demolition" and found it:) it's called the FUBAR by the way, how incredibly badass is that?

How can anybody play dead rising? I can't even get past trying to shoot the crazy guy at the very start.
Yeah I play with those things when I go to Home Depot, I woulda already gotten one but they don't really seem worth $30.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Yeah I play with those things when I go to Home Depot, I woulda already gotten one but they don't really seem worth $30.
If I were to get one, it would be the 30" 8lbs model. It's like $100 though, so that means I'm not getting it.

-Jin

1 - 20 of 95 Posts