Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I don't mean to re-ask this question, but I'm looking for a good marker and i'm kind of on a budget.

Can you guys point me in the right direction of a great entry level gun that is a fair price, little or no problems, and is reliable. Also looking for an electronic marker, if thats not too much to ask :D

Thanks!

I've looked at a couple of guns like:
Kingman Spyder ACS
Diablo mongoose II LCD
Some cheap smart parts Ion

If there are anymore that I don't know of or you would recommend to me, please do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What kind of paintball do you enjoy doing? Do you find yourself playing in the woods alot. Will you be playing at a local speedball field or just with your friends on weekends?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Diablo Mongoose requires HPA(can take co2 but needs to be regulated)
Ions also require HPA ( they tend to have bad feedback due to horrid banjo fittings, leaking issues and weak bodies)

A lot of members are Spyder Vs1 fans, because its very newer friendly electric marker, cheap , reliable , works with Co2, easy to maintain and the break beam eye system(main reason).

I personally like the pilot, i find the Vs1 grip awkward and bulky, the pilot is a good beginner marker for the same reasons above, minus the break beam eyes. But its your choice really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will most likely be playing speedball with friends on weekends.

Can I get some more feedback about the Diablo guns?

Really I think im aiming for the ACS or one of the Diablo guns, but I don't know what model is better or is more reliable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^.. what did i say...

anyways, if your purchasing a Diabloe marker, you need to purchase an HPA tank which can run from 60$-200$
Kool, thanks

Any recommended upgrades for the VS1 or VS2?

If I were able to buy a VS2 cheaper than the VS1, should I just jump on that, Actionvillage has a great deal on the VS2, $134.99, but its just the gun which is okay with me so then I don't have to waste my money on the crappy hopper they give you and i'll just get a nice tank to go with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well you also gonna need a nice hopper to be honest but once you buy a nice hopper, you can continue to carry it on to higher end markers, same with the tank, and the first upgrade to buy would be a barrel, the Vs1 comes stock with a 10 inch barrel, and its loud as heck. Vs1 also have a little kick to it, but its not that bad.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You plan on getting HPA? If so get the VS2, but if you plan on sticking to CO2 then get the VS1.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would go with the ION BLACK BASE MODEL because it IS electric, and can be upgraded to an EPIPHANY's performance. the ION BLACK BASE MODEL runs about $213.99 (mine) ans is very reliable. the only thing is that its a bit difficult to operate the circut bord. but !!!!!ONLY MESS WITH THE CIRCUT BOARD WHEN YOU UPGRDE OR YOU WILL SCREW IT UP BIG TIME!!!!! YOU MAY LOOSE PRESSURE TO THE GUN AND BE REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF!!!! I DID THIS TODAY NO LIE

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Buy an ion for 213 and change it to an epiphany that you can buy BNIB for 200? yeah that's smart.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buy an ion for 213 and change it to an epiphany that you can buy BNIB for 200? yeah that's smart.
hahaha....look at proto slg, get HPA its better for your gun, more......just go with it you can get the tank filled at scuba shops and local pro shops.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
God the "newb spam a thread" crew is out in force tonight...

·
Registered
26 Posts
i rekon the spyder is cheap and is a great gun thats what i have and t is mint i have fired about 2000-3000 balls through it and no problems at all :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pilots are not bad at all. I had one as my first gun and it performs fabulous with an electric hopper. Also, if you like woodball/scenerio go for a Tippman. 98s are very durable and if you wanna spend a little bit more you can get an A-5.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts