Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to have a thread solely dedicated to Metal and the greatest bands that play it. I'll list a few bands and albums. Also, whatever band you mention tell the year they were best. I''ll start-

Metallica- Anything from their first three albums are the best- Kill 'em All, Master of Puppets, and Ride the Lightening. Metallica owns. Period.

Megadeth- Great band as well. Their frontman Dave Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica in like '83 or '84 and then went to form one of the hardest bands around. Pretty impressive. Album- Peace Sells... But who's Buyin'?

Iron Maiden- Brits are kickass. These guys are great. Powerslave, Killers, just to name a few.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
dirtrider said:
dude is that a band or what?
And you say you listen to metal? Jesus.

All I listen to is metal. Some of the great bands that grace my playlist include:
Amon Amarth
At The Gates
Black Dahlia Murder
Blind Guardian
Bolt Thrower
Demons and Wizards
Dream Theater
The Haunted
Iced Earth
In Flames
Insomnium
Iron Maiden
Lamb of God
Metallica
Necrophagist
Opeth
Origin
Pantera
Rhapsody
Sentenced
Slayer
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X
etc

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Music is about the sound, not how you look.. shouldn't matter..

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
dirtrider said:
Nah I listened. Never said they were fags dude. Just they looked like em. I know what metal is and what metal bands look like. It's just that I don't listen to any new metal at all besides slip knot, cradle of filth, rammstein and new crue and maiden stuff.
Oh. Well in that case....
Hmm. I don't know.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Double post for drama....

Doesn't....Cradle of Filth powder their faces so they look pale?
Doesn't....Slipknot wear...masks?

Capharnaum just rip. Underground metal is better than that stuff. Normal guys with long hair also look cooler than gimmick bands on MTV2.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
There is a hell of a lot of good stuff in the US/Canada, too. It just seems to be stuck in the "modern grind" and metalcore thing right now. But tech bands like Capharnaum are amazing.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
TonyD246 said:
There is a hell of a lot of good stuff in the US/Canada, too. It just seems to be stuck in the "modern grind" and metalcore thing right now. But tech bands like Capharnaum are amazing.
I hate most US bands. I can only think of a couple recent bands from the US that I enjoy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts