Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
The stock barrel is fine. But if you insist on upgrading, get a dye ultralite. They're light, with good porting so it stays nice and quiet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd recommend a kit, with different size backs.

I personally use the Pipe Kit with a Stiffi tip, but those are getting hard to find with Cocker threads.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
DW fibur is all you will ever need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hm, i woud like to get a kit so i can get 2 different colors, but looks of course are the least of importance.

So im hearing dye ultralite, Stiffi, and DW Fibur.

Also lucky dark series, Pipe kit etc.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
There's a one piece ultralite? Other then the oldschool one that came stock on the DM3? The boomstick is an anvil, meaning VERY heavy. Kinda like the ultraheavy version of the ultralite. Other then that there is no difference between the two barrels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so im not gunna get the boom stick but i would like to get the Two Piece Dye Ultralite Barrel, I just want to know if its worse, better, or the same as the Dye Ultralite Barrel. I want the two piece for two different colors.
I'm just gunna start a new thread about it tonight if i dont hear from too many people.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The only ultralite that is worth buying is the two piece, the only one piece I could thin kof is the oldschool one that came on DM3's stock, which I doubt you can buy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kenny look at the link on my post, up like 3 or 4 comments, there's a one piece dye ultralite barrel and they are all over the web.

and jester it's not the same question, i was asking to compare two specific barrels, the dye ultralite one piece, and the 2 piece kit, thats not the same question at all. THread was originally asking best barrel for PMR.

Still asking though, is there a difference between the one piece dye ultralite and the two piece? anyone?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Still asking though, is there a difference between the one piece dye ultralite and the two piece? anyone?
That is actually the PROTO one-piece barrel, if I'm not mistaken.

And any decent barrel kit is better than most (won't say all) one-piece barrels, since you get optimal paint/barrel match.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Shoot my lucky uni1tech was single bore AND could be made into a kit(given the more was screwed into an adapter that went into the gun). It was really innovative stuff, if only Lucky didn't crap the bed and screw over it's U.S department.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is actually the PROTO one-piece barrel, if I'm not mistaken.

And any decent barrel kit is better than most (won't say all) one-piece barrels, since you get optimal paint/barrel match.
No its not, click the link, there is a Dye Ultralite Barrel, a Proto Ultralite Barrel, and then a back and tip Dye Ultralite Kit.

Or are you saying that the barrel is actually just a proto ultralite barrel and the website labels it wrong?

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
said link said:
The Dye Ultralite barrel is popular favorite of the top pros today. The Ultralite is chosen for its all aluminum light weight advatage. It is also a very popular custom barrel because its aluminum construction offers the ability to be anodized to match any gun color. It is made with the same precision quality that you can expect from Dye as the leader in barrel manufacturing. Available in red, blue, clear, or classic black. Mix and match backs and tips for any situation or look.
Yeah. thats what it says alright. The PROTO is a one piece, the DYE is a two piece. So, no, we're not saying the site is labeling it wrong, we're saying you're not reading the descriptions completely nor listening to us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts