Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well duh being gone for two years I've missed out on some great music, movies, etc so I've already gotten a good-sized list of things I want to download and check out to see if they're any good.

I know Ares was pretty good before I left two years ago, and KaZaA is basically dead (or so I hear), but which one is the best.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ares is still alive and kicking, so is limewire. But i dont' suggest using them anymore becasue they're getting cracked down on hard.
Crap how am I supposed to get music anymore. Paying $10 even with my discount at work included is too much if I just want one song. Plus the MP3s you buy from iTunes, etc are inferior to WMA quality.

What should I do in view of RIAA having our society by the balls

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
if you have a .edu email, you can go to rukus.com and download as much as you want for free. it's protected so it wont' transfer to and ipod or zune, but a $15 program called soundtaxi fixes that problem:)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I download a lot from projectplaylist.... but thats using the unplug thingy with firefox... some of the songs get are bad on there though

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I tried out the megaupload thing, seems to work all right but only when I want all of the songs on that particular album.

So answer me this:

1) is there any easy way to find out what albums individual songs are on (besides having to google it and hunt for a name)

and

2) is there a way to get just individual songs. I had no luck when I input the song names for the megaupload thing

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Duo I used Amazon for question number 1.

I use BitTorrent for albums and LimeWire for individual songs.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Duo I used Amazon for question number 1.

I use BitTorrent for albums and LimeWire for individual songs.
Yeah I use amazon for that too, but from what I can see you can't search by song title for an album match. So it gets tedious going through every single album, especially if it's an artist like Red Hot Chili Peppers with quite a few albums.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts