Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my rotor, wondering what's the best speed feed for it?

I've heard the Dye ones are crap. Heard good things about the exalt and the virtue. I love the look of the HK Army ones but havent heard how well they work.

Whatcha think?

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
i have a virtue, it sucks ass

the problem is it sticks up higher than the hopper and the shape of the hopper gets some bounces every once in a while, great idea, but if you have a virtue crown sticking up, that just catches the paintball and it breaks.

typically for every 3-4 hits my hopper takes, only 1 of them will be somewhere on the hopper that is not the speed feed. it catches a LOT of paint

·
Registered
558 Posts
Woah, woah woah. We should really specify which virtue we're talking about here. Trbo, you have the original crown, right? OP, I have the crown 2, which is a lot like the exalt one. I wouldn't trade mine for any other feed, it works great for me. I haven't worried about changing the teeth around or anything, but I think it's a great idea to make a feed so that you can. It doesn't stick up at all, in fact it sits lower in the hopper than the stock lid. I've used mine all this season, and it still has yet to sag and I've never had any problems with losing balls. Sure, the crown 1 sucked, but I think they made a huge improvement on the crown 2.
I'd recommend the exalt or the virtue crown 2, they're very similar.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The Crown 1 did suck though. When I was looking for a feed, the place I went to had the crown 2 on sale for less than the exalts so I thought I might as well try it, and I ended up really liking it

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
exault or the km spine. I own both and they're pretty equal. The spine took quite a while to break in though; if i had to do it again, i'd go with exault.

The new crown looks great, but it's EXPENSIVE

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
can't say i've heard of that happening. It's not happened to me yet and iv'e owned mine almost from the start.

They have a lifetime warranty on them; I assume if they do die, they'll send you a new one.

·
Law
622 Posts
Exalt is my favorite, right next to the Spine and new Virtue. They all work pretty decently, but overall the exalt is the easiest to put paint into and barely drops any even upside down or when diving. Only annoying thing is when a paintball gets shot on the little rubber thing and it gets stuck downward. Haven't seen the spine do that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts