Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wannabe Pro
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I got my first Tippmann for some woodsball. Its the Tippmann 98 Custom for about $30 (used of course). So my question is what upgrades should I get for it first. I've got about a $100 budget. I more for performance but I wouldn't mind making it look a bit better. Maybe make it look like a M4 or something. Any advice?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
for the marker itself i say nothing beyond a J&J ceramic or likewise inexpensive but good barrel, the J&J will run you $30, what you paid for the marker and there is no use in upgrading the crap out of a low end marker when better markers can be had for the cost of upgrading this one

a hopper and HPA tank can go onto the next marker so feel free to go nuts on those if you wish to

·
Wannabe Pro
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"a hopper and HPA tank can go onto the next marker so feel free to go nuts on those if you wish to"
lol, I will. I might deck it out a bit. I'm sure I could find a cheap tippmann m4 package off ebay to give a good scenario look. I'm in high school so I don't really have money to burn up. Now if I did I would go by myself a pimped out ego, lol. I'll try to keep it cheap though. Thanks

·
Wannabe Pro
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really not planning on spending much on looks, maybe just a m4 stock $20. And for performance, I hate the trigger so probably a cheap double trigger and that will be about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts