Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to prepare for a long day of paintball? like, any exercises or anything... and is there any training you can do? Im not talking about the obvious stuff like your aim, I mean things like running and sliding...

and what is the best ways to stop goggles from fogging up? I always hate getting gogged 'cos it means i have to wash it off with water after, and water always = fog the next round -_-, I tried anti-fog spray and it does make a difference, but i STILL get some fog ... ?? is there anything else that will work well?

:sly:

thumup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Paintball Man1 said:
I've always heard of puttin shavin cream on them. Put it on then wipe it off and it should work.
Are you crazy? Just buy an Anti-fog lens or a good mask.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Yea, the way to stop the fog is a pair of anti-fog lenses. DO NOT get fog-resistant, they indeed cause fog during conditions that normally do not cause fog!

As for getting ready for a long day, just have all your gear, tool box, and a container of alcohol and towels. It doesn’t hurt to get some running in during the week, get your endurance level up. ;)

- Brian

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
umm all i do is make sure i eat a big breakfast, since i usually dont get a meal in on big woodsball games.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
listen to music that gets u pumped and ready to bunker people !!!!!!!!
and triple check that u have all your gear b/c it sucks when u 4get something, and get a anti-fog lens

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
anti fog lens and a fan. lol ok you prolly dont need a fan, but i like one on super hot days, keeps my head a little colder. not very loud either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Get all your stuff togeather like a big boy. Listening to fast music doesnt hurt. If i listen to fast music it gets me very pumped. You can always eat a few hours before. Dont eat before, chances are you wont feel good if you eat right before and run a lot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
just use some rain-x wipes. iv heard it works really good. i have some of them but i havnt tried it yet. next time i go out i will try to remember.

or you could save and a pair of thermal lens goggles. thats what ill probably do soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
to stop mask fogging... hmm... breathe less. try to breathe slow through your nose.

i don't know if its the same for you guys, but my mask always fogs when i start breathing hard or getting nervous(like when i'm the only one left on my team or am about to be bunkered) which is the worst time it could possibly fog up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
7aintB said:
to stop mask fogging... hmm... breathe less. try to breathe slow through your nose.

i don't know if its the same for you guys, but my mask always fogs when i start breathing hard or getting nervous(like when i'm the only one left on my team or am about to be bunkered) which is the worst time it could possibly fog up.
Your goggles dont fog up from you breathing hard, thats from when you sweat, it evaporates putting a coat of water vapor on your googles

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
I dont know but its always helped me to listen to more suddle music...concentrate on the game. Think of your moves and go through them all in your head.

I like blink 182 music not to hardcore but enough to get me energized but it doesnt take my mind off it

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Mask Fogging:
Spit on the inside and outside of the lense. Rub with paper towel. Exhale through mouth as much as possible (there are more holes near the mouth than the nose on most masks) while playing.

If you wear a Balaclava or other type of head gear like a headband or a hat that helps keeping the sweat out of the mask.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Before a big game,I usually just strech my legs,arms,ect.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Before a big game,I usually just strech my legs,arms,ect.

Have a healthy meal before you go out,and drink plenty of water.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts