which barrel is a better choice
CP Custom Products AutoCocker Paintball Barrel .685
or
J&J cernamic barrel
I can get them both for about the same price

·
Law
622 Posts
In terms of shooting bad paint, DEFINITELY the J&J. You’ll most likely break a few balls no matter what with bad paint, so the self-cleaning J&J will make your life a lot easier, and your games more fun. The other key to dealing with bad paint is bore size. You definitely don’t want a tight fit, especially if you live in an area where your paint may grow a little, so a small overbore may save you some trouble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im not going to crap paint just not the most expensive stuff. any reccomendations for some decent paintballs that arnt too expensive

·
Law
622 Posts
If it’s BYOP, you can probably buy locally in bulk and get a really good deal. $25-30 a case if you buy a few. Just make sure to follow any shell/color restrictions they have. If they force you to use their paint, then ask around. I always talk to some guys before I buy paint, and almost always the experienced players will let you know if they got a good batch of paint or if buying a different type may be a good idea.

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
well im not going to crap paint just not the most expensive stuff. any reccomendations for some decent paintballs that arnt too expensive
ULTRA EVIL!!! haha. That stuff is pretty expensive, but it's amazing. If I had to pick a mid/high grade paint that is fairly inexpensive, then I'd say try out Valken Grafitti. It's just fantastic.

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
ULTRA EVIL!!! haha. That stuff is pretty expensive, but it's amazing. If I had to pick a mid/high grade paint that is fairly inexpensive, then I'd say try out Valken Grafitti. It's just fantastic.
ultra evil for 30 bucks a case?

actually if you can get your hands on valken infinity its amazing practice paint.

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
for a cheap paint i gotta say go with Draxxus... end of story. Draxxus makes some of the best paints.
lower end= field grade
mid/lower=bronze
mid=silver
mid/higher=gold
high=hellfire
cold conditions=frostbite

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
never have been a fan of valken anything. i have always shot draxxus during practice, rec or when im just screwing around. draxxus has always worked and i hardly ever have had a bad box. when i do its usually my fields fault because they left it out to long.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
for a cheap paint i gotta say go with Draxxus... end of story. Draxxus makes some of the best paints.
lower end= field grade
mid/lower=bronze
mid=silver
mid/higher=gold
high=hellfire
cold conditions=frostbite
ill agree to this, if i was opening a field up tomorrow i would call draxxus.

the field grade stuff is some of the best $30-$40/case paint i have ever shot, that said its not super fantastic great and I usually stick to the silver or gold but for cheap paint its good

i have not been able to shoot valken, nobody carries it out here yet

for high end paint though, RPS all the way

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
ill agree to this, if i was opening a field up tomorrow i would call draxxus.

the field grade stuff is some of the best $30-$40/case paint i have ever shot, that said its not super fantastic great and I usually stick to the silver or gold but for cheap paint its good

i have not been able to shoot valken, nobody carries it out here yet

for high end paint though, RPS all the way
Ok for the most part me and trbo agree. I have shot valken in a 3 man an i was not impressed. For the 50 i was paying for it i could have bought some draxxus bronze/silver that would have out performed it anyday.
When it comes down to a nice high end paint though me and trbo agree rps makes great paint i prefer marbs to anything out their though

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Just something stupid to toss out there but make sure you buy a barrel in threading that matches your marker. I'm just saying that because I noticed you said the CP was autococker but you didn't specify for the J&J.

As for paint I've tried Valken and it shot really nice with a bright and thick fill but the stuff I used was crazy brittle I had to go with a serious overbore to even get a ball out of the barrel in one piece.

D

·
0 Posts
Might just be me... but anyone taken Graffiti hits to the brow line/forehead?

Might just be me.. but... I'll take a hit ANYWHERE...and it almost feels like the Valken Paint is a bit more...player-friendly? It doesn't seem to have that familiar sting I used to associate with hits.... or that could also be that I haven't been able to run this winter....

but with that said..there's just something about taking a forehead/headband/brow-line hit with that paint that's completely and totally unforgiving. Last weekend, I ended up taking 2-3 across the headband in a snap-shooting drill. After the 2nd one, I needed a minute...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts