Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I chose the electra 05 over the ion, but now that im stuck with it, i guess i should make the most of it, I am getting the normal electro frame with tboard and break beam eyes for it, what else could i do to make it as good, if not better than the ion, thanks

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
If you really want to trump the Ion, go for building a Timmy (Called a "Spimmy") out of it. If you go for all used parts it could be done for barely a few hundred dollars. On the other hand though it involves a fair amount of work, so if you're not comfortable with it I'd stay away.

Otherwise, if saving up/selling it it completly out of the question, and since you already have the board listed,

A nice Regulator, HPA, Bluebolt, new or modded valve, air passage work or a new front ASA block, new or lightened hammer, spring kit, trigger with adjustment points, magnet trigger(?). A nice hopper and barrel or barrel kit also.

·
Registered
541 Posts
wtf did you buy an electra for 350 bucks (expensive due to rocking trigger) and then go out and deupgrade it to a reg. electra (non rocking)

should of just bought an ION, you spent the same amount of money downgrading it as a HPA/nitro tank would cost.

·
Registered
400 Posts
but theres no way it can get 30 balls a second if u could thatd like all break and would be together..no way i mean it looks ok but for spyders idk bout it id still go wit ion

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
croix153 said:
wtf did you buy an electra for 350 bucks (expensive due to rocking trigger) and then go out and deupgrade it to a reg. electra (non rocking)

should of just bought an ION, you spent the same amount of money downgrading it as a HPA/nitro tank would cost.

dude, i didnt buy the new trigger yet, i dont even have the gun yet, its comin tommorow, jeeeeez dude, no reason 2 flip out

·
Registered
541 Posts
i aint flippin out. I agree the electra is pretty pimp for recspeedball. I would buy one if it weren't for the price tag.

It would be a collectors item, the first spyder with a real barrel

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No....most people say that the rocking trigger sux because every 1 else says it sux and they are going along with the crowd. Well imo it doesn't at all. I can go faster than a lot of people with higher end guns, go ahead flame all you want but this is a very good gun and people dont take it seriously because its made by a company that doesnt necessarily have a good reputation....the rocking trigger is allowed in nppl tournaments because it only shoots one shot per trigger pull, i dont know about the other leagues....

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
prostock05 said:
No....most people say that the rocking trigger sux because every 1 else says it sux and they are going along with the crowd. Well imo it doesn't at all. I can go faster than a lot of people with higher end guns, go ahead flame all you want but this is a very good gun and people dont take it seriously because its made by a company that doesnt necessarily have a good reputation....the rocking trigger is allowed in nppl tournaments because it only shoots one shot per trigger pull, i dont know about the other leagues....
Right ! If I had money, I'd buy one, instead of updgrading my TL-X. I've seen some videos over Internet of people using the Rocking Trigger frame and it seems to work very well. Also the Electra '05 looks a lot better than the plastic Ion (no offense to Ion's owners, i think Ion looks good too, but I prefer the Electra style so much).

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
well if you wanna dump money into it get a timmy conversion kit.,,,i think it's called a zip kit or something like that.

you can algo to to otters site and find out how to buy seprate parts so it'll be cheaper

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
prostock05 said:
Exactly. I think the ion looks somewhat like a water gun and the electra is milled very well for a spyder, every one has an ion, i dont want to be like everyone else.
And no one has a spyder...

The point is not to be like everyone else. It is to play better then everyone else. I have 11 or 12 spyders, I put over 800 dollars worth of upgrades into one of them. Was it worth it in the end? No, not at all...

I started out with a spyder electra, added a tear drop barell, Halo, System X Vegance 2.0 Regulator, AKA Bolt and Valve, After market hammer, aftermarket feedneck, flame drop, aftermarket asa, polished internals, milled trigger, new anno, added a 50G micro switch and milled down the micro switch...

Now... All that did was make a ok spyder good. It still chopped, it still was inconsistent, it still had problems. Took care of most and it shot well...

Was it better then a Ion? No, in fact it was worst. Not by much but a little worst. Was it better then any other spyder I have seen. Yes

I know this is mainly opinion but having had nothing but spyders I can tell you now it isnt worth the time, effort and money to go the route I did. Of course I did learn everything there was to know about spyders. But it wasnt cheap, and there wasnt much to learn.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts