Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Master of Paint said:
You hold your own against Camaros with a Dodge Avenger?
The 4th generation V6 camaro's are some of the most disappointing, overweight, underpowered cars I've ever had the misfortune of riding in. His car may be short by 60 horsepower, but it's also 400lbs lighter. If the Camaro was a 5-speed and the driver wasn't spot-on, I can see how Spud might "hang with it".

The Camaro will be faster, but will most definitely not walk away from him with ease.

Of course, if he's talking about a Z28 or SS, I second the BS call. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd like it more if it were de-badged. As for the 4th gen V6 cars the 3.4 was a dog, the 3.8 has good potential and goes mid 15s out of the box which isn't horrible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am an f-body enthusiast and believe me the 4th gen V6 cars aren't the worst of the bunch. There are quite of few of them in the 12s. The early third gen cars (82-92) came standard with a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder "iron duke" engine.

·
Registered
778 Posts
allstarunited said:
The 4th generation V6 camaro's are some of the most disappointing, overweight, underpowered cars I've ever had the misfortune of riding in. His car may be short by 60 horsepower, but it's also 400lbs lighter. If the Camaro was a 5-speed and the driver wasn't spot-on, I can see how Spud might "hang with it".

The Camaro will be faster, but will most definitely not walk away from him with ease.

Yup, V-6 Camaros and Mustangs are a shame to the name. Even though the Mustang still doesn't have much to live up to (GT wise) the V-6 still makes a bad impression.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
allstarunited said:

Yeah, okay a camaro with the 3.4L V6, he might hold out on for a little bit, but were talking a 20HP 70TQ difference, although the avenger is about 400lbs lighter. Still, the Camaro would come out on top IMO. But yeah, 3.8L V6, and and V8 would roll up the Avenger and smoke it.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Spudchucker said:
some newer camaros= weak

my car+ header, intake, exhaust and plugs= not as weak

Header = 5-10 HP gain
Intake = 5-10 HP gain
Exhaust = 5-10 HP gain
Plugs = 2-5 HP gain

These numbers are approximate, so I'm gonna say you'll get maybe 20-25Hp out of what youve got there. It's a nice little boost, but nothing drastic. I still think a stock 3.4 could take you though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ninja7 said:
how is a camaro a sleeper?
eh...any car can be a sleeper...as long as its not something like a ferrari...the point of a sleeper is to look totaly stock but have the engine really tricked out

1 - 20 of 31 Posts