Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the biggest steps I can take to get more accuracy?

I have a tippmann 98 custom.

I bought a 14" dye xcel right off the bat. Now I notice the CO2 causes condensation on my barrel and I'm probably going to buy a HPA tank next week. I have matched ball/barrel. Is there anything more that I can do?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Try installing a regulator to make it more consistent.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try installing a regulator to make it more consistent.
What type do you recommend? I always hear good and bad things about regulators.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Well, depends. About anything will be better than what you have now. What is your price range for a regulator?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, depends. About anything will be better than what you have now. What is your price range for a regulator?
Id say ~$30. I thought HPA was consistent already, but if you think another reg will help with accuracy I'll do it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, was getting buried

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
If you purchase a hpa tank you won't need a regulator for consistency. The tank reg will be consistent enough.

Buy good paint, that's the best way to be more accurate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, cool, I thought that regulator suggestion was kind of silly.

As for paint, I buy anarchy. It's a little bigger but so is my barrel and I know that it's a good brand. I guess I have taken all of the appropriate steps to make my marker as accurate as it can be. Like I said, it is at its worst when that CO2 causes the barrel to condensate.

Thanks for all of the help guys thumup:

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Ok, cool, I thought that regulator suggestion was kind of silly.

You said you matched the paint/barrel. So I assumed you had good paint. Since you had a good paint to bore match, planning on getting compressed air, there isn't much else you can do to gain accuracy except making your marker more consistent. Which a regulator would do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just because its bigger doesnt mean its better, but i did look at the reviews of it, seems most people like it, and if it matches your barrel then thats a plus. at this point i think you have pretty much done all you can,

what kind of barrel do you have, length?
I know bigger isn't always better, I just like more density so I can try to get a little more distance out of my shots. And the anarchy is what my local shop recommends as the borderline between cheap enough for woods ball and good enough for competition. Then there is the marballizers above them which he doesn't recommend wasting money on unless I'm doing serious paintballing.

As for the barrel I have a 14" dye xcel (from threads to tip).

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
What type do you recommend? I always hear good and bad things about regulators.
AKA makes the most consistent. MacDev is a great second choice. But the macdev won't work at the pressure the tippmann operates at. I think some of AKA's might.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts