Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on top of me loosing my wallet last week, I rode my bike to a friends house yesterday and in the few hours I was there it got stolen off his front porch, it was literally inches from his front door, and someone just walked up and took off with it. When it happened I didn’t really care that my bike was gone, I was more concerned about my fathers reaction especially since I just lost my wallet which had my drivers permit and social security card in it, anywhoo I told him when I got home and he flipped out, now he says he’s canceling my insurance and selling my car, wtf? It’s not like I knew my bike was going to get stolen. Is it just me or does that seem a little harsh?

·
Registered
332 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
you messed up take your punishment like a man then resent your father for the rest of your life. its that simple. secure your **** from now on!
Couldn't have said it better

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dhill0413 said:
I assume its your dad thats been paying your insurance and car payments. If you can't keep a lockdown on your own posessions, I wouldn't want to be someone thats paying for your mistakes.

Learn from it.
QFT and also for what nick said. Get a job and show him you can be responsible, and if you have a job, how will you get there now?

edit: i would have driven to the friends house..but thats just lazy me

·
Registered
986 Posts
dhill0413 said:
each parent has their own way. my dad probably would do something like say hes selling the car, but then would reconsider later.
yeah
i didn't mean for that to sound like i was bashing his dad or anything, but my parents would probably threaten it and then not auctally sell it.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Sucks for you.

My bike got stolen this summer, but the kid that took it was riding down main street on it when I was coming home from a movie. Told my friend to stop the car and I just walked up to the kid and told him it was my bike. He said I was lying...all I had to do was tell him there was a dent in the back rim from coming up short on a jump (street/vert BMX bike), he checked, and just got off and started walking away. I also know it was my bike from the stickers I have on it. My parents just told me it was my fault that I didn't put it in the garage overnight (forgot it out in the yard), and said they would be more angry with me if they bought it, but I paid for it myself after 8th grade graduation a year and a half ago.

Great way to learn responsibility.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I WISH my bike would get stolen. Damn thing just takes up space and I never ride it.

I figure I can just sell it at a garage sale to some mexican for like 40 bucks though. *Not being racist, every single bike I've sold was sold to a mexican*

If he's making the payments he has every right to, but that does seem kind of harsh.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would have taken my sons keys and grounded him for a while, If one can not lock up there bike what about a car? A bike is alot less than a car.... and I am a father of three.................

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Reminds me of a story, my psych teacher has a friend whos daughter had a problem slamming doors. So he took the door off her room for a month. Then she slammed the bathroom door. Took that away too. Odd, but after that, there was no more door slamming. So, its a simple negative punishment situation. Your dad takes the car away=you be more resposible to avoid the said situation again.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
paintballwhiz14 said:
Reminds me of a story, my psych teacher has a friend whos daughter had a problem slamming doors. So he took the door off her room for a month. Then she slammed the bathroom door. Took that away too. Odd, but after that, there was no more door slamming. So, its a simple negative punishment situation. Your dad takes the car away=you be more resposible to avoid the said situation again.
Yeah but he didn't sell the doors now did he? :dodgy:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I talked to my dad about it and he’s not selling the car, I am generally a responsible person and he knows that, all this just happened pretty quick, and the wallet, yeah I could see how that’s my fault, but the bike, was completely random, that kind of thing never happens in my neighborhood, but I guess I could have been a little more cautious. I had both the bike and wallet for over five years, but I’ve definitely learned from all this, and my dads not too mad about the whole thing anymore so I guess things will work out. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RunningRioT said:
....first off. dont carry your SS card on you.. ever. memorize your number and thats it.
yeah i know, but some issues with my name on my birth certificate not matching the name on my social security card came up just recently, and i needed it with me for awhile cuz my mothers maiden named just got added to my name so a lot of documents had to be dealt with/changed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts