Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went. IT was awesome. I protested the protesters who protested the BioTech convention. Here is a little synopsis typed up. I am going back tomorrow, and, if anyone who reads this lives nearby, I reccomend going as well. Post back in time for me to see it and we might just see each other.

Today, instead of using my lunch period to talk to the other peoples in the office, I employed the perfect 90-minutes to go down to the Philadelphia Convention Center, for, none other than, that great BioTech Convention. Protesters began arriving on the scene at around 12:40, and, around 1:00, yes, 20 minutes later, there was a first casuality. (At least I think this was when it occurred) A 52-year old police officer had an apparent heart attack after attempting to break up a scuffle. Police seemd very hardened as they blocked protesters from accessing parts of the street. One protester, whom shall remain nameless except for the fact that he had a cigarette, was talking much **** to philadelphia's finest. After hearing enough of his stupid rantings, I called him out. Here is the ensuring conversation.

Me: "Dude, you're talking **** to a cop, and, while protesting BioTechnology Convention about how medicines and fertalizers are killing animals, you're smoking a ****ing cigarette. Do you know what polonium-210 does to an animal's lungs? Do you know what it does to a human's lungs?"
Stupid Protester: "I'm the animal dude."
Me: "Yea, but the other 10,000 people here aren't. You're trying to work to save animals and instead you're poisoning them. You're protesting the fact that BioTechnology sustains the 6 or so billion people on this planet. Do you even understand the social ramifications of lesser crop yields?"

To which, he discreetly walked away. As he walks away, I shout to him, "Yes, that's right, walk away, when you are proven wrong by a ****ing sixteen year old."

Another confrontation involved a raggy looking character who was convinced that AIDS was created by governments to kill heroine Junkies. After a conversation about how you can't get rid of drugs because there is too much money, I questioned him on the economic logic of this. I asked him if he understood, as he demonstrated his theory, that over a long enough timeline, all junkies would become infected with AIDS and the market would die because of this. Again, a conversation ended.

The third person I talked to was actually intelligent, and had evidence to support his protests. He was protesting the fact that the FDA knew Vioxx was dangerous, but still gave it approval. Quite reasonable to protest that, I'd say.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful, as I grimmly returned to the office. However, on teh way back, I laughed as a 13-year old was arrested for something or other, to which many angry protesters shouted, "You ****ing pigs", and held their middle fingers at them. Speaking of which, everyone there had their middle finger up to the BioTechies. Along with signs such as infleunza, which I couldn't quite understand, but, as I saw it, it seemed that they thought A) Governments created Influenza to kill people (which is an incredibly stupid theory) or that B) Vaccines were bad because they were created by Scientists who made money.

Skateboarding punks swarmed Love Park and Federal Plaza as they attemped their futile demonstation of something or other. Seriously, there is a reason why skateboarding isn't allowed in most public places in Philadelphia, or at least, most parks. Firstly, it's noisy, and disruptive towards the idea of a park, a relaxing place. Now, one might say that is their way of relaxing. But, as we have seen from protesting, one's actions are legal only until they disrupt the normal flow of society and go against society's established laws.

I went back after work, but the protests were over. I went to Love Park, where the skateboarders still were living. However, to my total humor, the police ushed them all out, threatening them with being arrested if they didn't move. Seems their permit expired. As this occured, all of the bike cops from the protest formed a wall of bikes are federal plaza and prevented them from skateboarding there.

Overall, it was total kickass. If anyone who can get to Philadelphia can get there tomorrow, I reccomend it. Great fun.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
gay...

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
I read it.

My dads at that convention, he's an important dude.

I was reading this and i was afraid you were gonna take the insane people's side.

People are so dumb... they don't realize things like food that was genetically modified is good. Not bad. Good.

Others view it as messing with gods design or something....

D

·
0 Posts
its ****ed though.. they added a gene from cold water fish to tobacco so it could grow in colder climates.. wtf..

they are added genes and junk that make the plant produce hormones to make em uber big.. and then we eat that.. yikes.. (ahem.. well if that is what explains my massive manhand, then so be it!) Ahem. (i giggled) but seriously.. i dunno. it just seems gross. And they need to be labled.

·
12,110 Posts
I think its delicous. It works. Its better. I dont care if a drug produces side effects. If I need it, I'm taking it if itts the best thing they've got out.

I'm so sick of people going "Ohh but alpha its the government omgbbq they're contorllign you man. omgbbq its not natural."

Humans evolved from nature. We are nature 2. Therefore anythign we do is natural. Smoking, polluting the enviornment, ys that is ****ed. I love animals. I've got a ton of reptiles and I want a cat and dog.

Animals are a source of energy. I am a secondary consumer. Therefore, I will eat the animal. If need be, I will alter the animal so my family can eat too.

I hate protesters. They need to learn to stfu. Big corpertions and companies wouldn't be there if they were doing all bad things. Yes, there may be some bad stuff, but the good outweighs it by far.

I had some chocolate covered strawberries today. Man they were huge. And to think if pirssy skater hippies like them had it their way, I'd probably still eb rummaging the fridge looking for sustainance.

D

·
0 Posts
Alpha said:
I hate protesters. They need to learn to stfu. Big corpertions and companies wouldn't be there if they were doing all bad things. Yes, there may be some bad stuff, but the good outweighs it by far.
you fool.

·
12,110 Posts
Its all about the public good. The need of the many outweigh the need of the few. I dont care if some harm comes with good. If we saw everythign with that mentality, we'd probably be set back thousands of years.

There are risks involved in tons of things. The way I see it, go big or dont go at all, adn if you dont go at all.. Well I suppose we shoudl go back to caves.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
D_Smalls said:
its ****ed though.. they added a gene from cold water fish to tobacco so it could grow in colder climates.. wtf..

they are added genes and junk that make the plant produce hormones to make em uber big.. and then we eat that.. yikes.. (ahem.. well if that is what explains my massive manhand, then so be it!) Ahem. (i giggled) but seriously.. i dunno. it just seems gross. And they need to be labled.

there's nothing wrong with GM food, there's something wrong with your brain.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
mricytoast said:
Skateboarding punks swarmed Love Park and Federal Plaza as they attemped their futile demonstation of something or other. Seriously, there is a reason why skateboarding isn't allowed in most public places in Philadelphia, or at least, most parks. Firstly, it's noisy, and disruptive towards the idea of a park, a relaxing place. Now, one might say that is their way of relaxing. But, as we have seen from protesting, one's actions are legal only until they disrupt the normal flow of society and go against society's established laws.

I went back after work, but the protests were over. I went to Love Park, where the skateboarders still were living. However, to my total humor, the police ushed them all out, threatening them with being arrested if they didn't move. Seems their permit expired. As this occured, all of the bike cops from the protest formed a wall of bikes are federal plaza and prevented them from skateboarding there.
Okay dumbass...

Today was national skateboarding day. Everyone went out and skateboarded. Skateboarding is not a crime, people can bike, rollerblade, jog, whatever in a park but not skateboard. Its not loud at all and I find the sounds quite relaxing and its also nice just sitting down and watching some of the best skaters throw down perfect lines.

The mayor of your lame town turned down 1 million dollars from a major skate shoe company (DC) to cover all damages (way more than enough money for that) to love park if it was opened for skateboarders for the next 10 years.

The idea of a park? I thought the idea of a park was a community place, where people can go to practice sports and display arts. Also I think that Edmund Bacon, designer of love park, would be the best person to say what it was built for, oh wait... guess what? He was at the protest to get back love park and was signing boards. Thats right, the 94 year old dude was encouraging skateboarding on the park he designed.

88% of Philly's resident's who were questioned by TWS (transworld skateboarding) wanted the mayor to accept the gift.

So basically, go play in battery acid and used needles.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
mricytoast said:
Not really, everything was related to the BioTech convention. The protests of the skaters were just a futile attempt to seem important next to the unimportant hippies.
Wrong again dumbass

P.s. hippies will own you any day of the week

and smalls, even indians have been genetically modifying food for lik 6,000+ years using primative methods (i.e. pollinating small plants with pollen from a big plant). So its not that wacko. I say if it doesn't hurt the animal or affect it in any negative way then it should be fine. As long as we don't start making cows without kneecaps and incredibly sensitive nerve endings in their mouth so every time they eat they experience pain, or anything like that, I tihnk it will be fine.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.