Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that a Black Hawk Down Scenario would absolutely kick ass?

I mena like full urban combat, it could either bea shorter game where one team defends a crashed helicopter, while another attacks. Or it could be a huge long scenario game where one team infiltrates the city while others defend the city, shooting frm on top of buildings and whatnot... that would be INSANE.

Just thought I'd hear what you guys thought, maybe some future feild owner will take this idea to Massachusetts? :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
TrashDoG said:
that would be INSANE.:D
i like the idea of the longer version where you have to enter the city and stuff.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'd be crazy if it started RIGHT from infiltration point, like as if they JSUT got dropped in by helo's... so the game would start off with the "Delta Force" members on the target building's roof, and the "Rangers" Setup around it. There could be a real convoy made of paintball tanks come to the target building, and then they could open up some other section somehow where a "Black Hawk" would have crashed, and i dunno it would take more planning than saying whats on my mind while im in school postign lol.

I'd pay good money to play in it though, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Yea, thatd be pretty awsome, gl getting a place to build a miniature city for you guys to play in. But that would definently be awsome

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Ok guys, here is the shocking truth!

Black Hawk Down isn’t a scenario at skirmish!!!! lol, that’s just the name of one of their fields now. For d-day this year we actually played on that field because that field is the beach head. They have two replica helicopters made of wood sitting out in the open. They have a pickup truck they can throw guys in and attack it. Nothing special to it, and they have no buildings. The closest they come is stuff like hood in the wood, which is nothing really.

It would be a sweet scenario though; too bad Skirmish is getting crappy when it comes to their scenarios. They used to have a fall one (castle keep) which is still around. A winter one (Battle of the bulge) which has been changed to Battle of Stalingrad, a spring one (Burma Road) that one kicked major ass, best scenario I’ve ever played! They cap everything off with D-Day and WRG in the summer. They cut their spring time game out which really sucks. I expect Castle Keep is the next to fall under the axe of Skirmish.

- Brian

·
Registered
813 Posts
Lord Headley said:
Ok guys, here is the shocking truth!

Black Hawk Down isn’t a scenario at skirmish!!!!.
they are not saying that it is a game. they are saying that it would be cool to have that game. which i fully agree that would kick ***.

·
Banned
910 Posts
the black hawk down would be cool i just made some ideas for building it pretty cool.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol Lord it helps to read the whole thread :)

I didnt even know any kind of thign at all had anything that represented BHD in any way! I was saying it would be an awsome idea if a field actually did this with a full rienactment of the actual event (or based on the movie).

I was thinking the game could literally shift over to a different area, where a fake black hawk helo would be crashed, and then the "delta force/rangers" could start there and try to defend it. It'd be built to give the americans a huge advantage, but it would be like 10 americans there defending against maybe 40-50 "somolians".... Meanwhile the regular fight would be happening all aroudn the "city" and the paintball tank "convoy" could be trying to fight its way to the crash site.

Man It'd be so cool I'm having fun thinking abotu it loll.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
I did read it, but i posted after i got home from work and that's basically being naturally high. Lack of sleep does wonders! :p I could have sworn i saw Skirmish in there, but oh well, my mistake! I had a few people ask me about the BHD thing at skirmish before, it was just getting annoying. :)

- Brian

·
Registered
882 Posts
That would be sick. SWAT team like thing, where they give you RAP4's and a pistol, and a tactical vest, and holster and all that kinda stuff...that would be sweet, but expensive...

·
12,110 Posts
Black hawk down is the story about the 75th ranger regiment, delta force and the 10th mountain in Somalia when Muhammed Ferrah Aidid was starving the country by seizing all teh food.. It actually happened dude.

·
I <3 Brian Peppers.
922 Posts
IT would be pretty hard to pull off but here is my version.

A small group of OPFOR say 10-20 starts in a building. This is the building Delta has to assult and capture the Warlord(unarmed). A group of 20-30 US Soldiers(Delta) has to get in and capture the Warlord; meanwhile the rest of the US team(Rangers) is placed at the four corners of the buildings defending against OPFOR (not enough opfor would be deployed to actually push past the US).
OPFOR get's one point for each minute it has the Warlord, and X(50) points after X(30 minuteS) time limit has expired. Say the US captures the Warlord at 20 minutes. They would then get 10 points for the 10 minutes left on the clock, Plus a bonus of 30 points for a succesful objective.
(no more detail...)
The fighting is haulted- and the US is redeployed around the first downed chopper. They must defend it for a certain amoutn of time as the OPFOR attacks. Three US soldiers can be placed somewhere else on the map and be the three soldiers who were seperated from the rest. If they get back to the rest of the soldiers the US gets an extra amount of points.
A small amount of US soldiers ~5 is deployed by the second downed chopper and must defend for as long as they can against whatever OPFOR attacks them. OPFOR gets points for eleiminating them and capturing the surviving pilot. The 5 soldiers get points for each minute they defend the chopper. A suicide mission.

Maybe the Delta guys can get a card punched by a ref and it would be like a medic to make them a little better. They wouldnt have to leave the field.
Feel free to add on.... thats all i remember from the book and im tired.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts