Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so I've been sharing my room with my halfbrother, who's 7 years younger then I (and whom rarely goes in my room. He pretty much spends 2:30-7:00PM in the livingroom in front of a TV screen playing gamecube)

Anyways, I've recently decided I'm too old to share a room, and now I want to actually do something about it.

Options:

1.Tell my dad. Go to court over it. If not, I'll live with my dad.
2. Move to my basement. It leaks, has lots of spyders, and is unfinished. Would cost $ to fix that I dont have.
3. You tell me?

I dont know what to do anymore, but I'm getting kinda tired of this. Especially when my parents just spent $10k (which I believe was my child support money) on a pool that is unsightly, and nobody uses, when they could have spent $5 and fixed the basement to make their lovely son happy.

Honestly, I'd love to move in with my dad, but I feel like I have too much of a life here.

My mom doesn't let me see my dad very often (I cant go out of state with him, and he lives out of state). I can't be with him unless he gives the court his passport. I'm 6'0, 185lbs, aint nobody going to force me to go anywhere I dont want to.

Only problem is, my dad's a liberal (go figure). :D

Let me know if the emo gauge starts to go into the red.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
fix the damn basement your self. you say you dont have the money yet you said " when they could have spent $5 and fixed the basement to make their lovely son happy."

·
Registered
882 Posts
Its all good, just tell your parents you want the basement, and they hafta finish it.

Or crack open a case of Corona, and drink till you dont worry about it. lol

Corona is the **** by the way

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well for one, waterproofind any part of a house I'm pretty sure requires a professional.

The ceiling is just about 6 feet, and we all know how tall I am. Plus there's a beam running through the middle of the room, which would mean you'd probably have to dig down, which would require a jackhammer.

The walls are made of rock, so I'd have to get drywall, and a bunch of other ****, and not to mention if I was going to do that, I'd have to run some electricity. I'd probably need an electrician.

5k is an understatement. Finishing a basement doesn't just mean putting a rug down and moving stuff into it.

EDIT: Yes Corona is king.

Another thing, my dad is muslim, which means no accessable alchohol. I think I can deal with that though. He has guns and a lot of good land for paintball.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah just live with your dad, take the **** to Court, and just live with him. This seems too much.

Also, your basement is ****ed up. Mine is like a normal story on a house, 8 foot ceilings, and everything. All I would hafta do is lay down a rug, and a couch, and a bunch of other things, and I would have the wood stove to heat up the place. But thats my house, I dont know your house.

Edit: Corona is the King, but with Lime only. Without lime it tastes weird

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^truth.

Its not as simple as packing up my stuff and moving. I have a whole family here. Even though most of them are senile, I really dont know if I want to be 200 miles away from them.

I get along with my big bro great.

I know my dad pretty well, but I rarely see him. We talk every day though.

Living with my dad would be great, but it would be a huge difference, and I'd have to adapt to it. Going from the suburbs to a rural place is hard enough. I dont think they have cable internet (my dad has isdn)

·
Well hell yeah it's Tomba
3,503 Posts
make ur halfbrother live in the basement w/ the water and spiders. Tell him to get a job and refinish it then buy him a tv at wally world for 20 bucks and tell him to play his gamecube down there. Then since ur 6 foot 185 tell him ur kill him if he complains about it.

Gosh darn im a genious...and about the Corona. Ive yet to drink it b/c its yellow and comes from mexicans....then again im only 13 and have only had budweisser and Cores Light.

****edit**** wait im a dumbass. You can come live w/ me in ohio that way we can live it up and pb all the time. God im a genious again...

but seriously, i dont know what id do w/out a mom and dad. Id say take it to court if possible. Also do u want to move 200 miles just b/c ur halfbro has to sleep in the same room as u?

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They'd never go for that. HE's a pussy and would probably get afraid of the basement, plus you have to walk like 20 feet through crap to get to the small room. too far away from teh rest of the house for him.. I know he'd be a pussy about it and my mom would only back him up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts