Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our tractor was leaking a lot of oil, we took the hood off and theres a crack on this small block. It has the 2 valves in it and u can see the piston once we took it off the engine. We need to replace it but have no idea what its called.

EDIT: The spark plug is mounted on it and and the exhaust pipe is on it too. (On the block we took off which has the valves and the crack)

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
head maybe?

or are you talking about the entire bottom end assembly w/pistons and whatnot?
that would be a shortblock

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
HuNtS said:
it'll be tough... a head wont be an easy thing at all to replace, good luck on finding one though
Why wouldnt this be easy? I could see what you mean on some cars where there is little clearance, but on a tractor? That this is probably sitting in the open, every bolt is going to be accessible. You might have to move a few things out of the way, but even then it shouldn't be too bad.

I don't know why there is a common misconception that Head work is all that bad. My buddy and I did his heads on his Chevelle in about an hour or two when he did his top end overhaul.

It's easy: Drain coolant, take off intake, unbolt exhaust manifold, take off valve cover, take off the bolts, take off head, scrape off gasket, put gasket on, put head on, torque it down, put valve cover on, put intake on, bolt up exhaust manifold, fill with coolant.

I can't see a tractor being too far off from that. I don't know how the intake/exhaust works, but you can figure it out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts