Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mountains around here opened this weekend and im heading up there with a buddy for the first runs of the season. It's going to be packed beyond belief but im hoping it'll still be a good time.

Any of you heading up for a mountain adventure this weekend?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I was gonna run up this weekend with my buddy but he has some other **** to do today now so its a no go. for sure Im going up over christmas time but untill then I don't know.

aleyska will rock your minds.

·
Registered
849 Posts
im going with my gf on monday and tuesday

i gotta kinda teach her. . . cuz shes gone like twice

this is my 6th season, wat about u guys

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I outgrew my board, sold it to a friend today. My friends dad is close friends with the owner of a local snowboard/ski shop so hopefully I can get some good deals and I will go to up to the mountains with my friends family a few times.

-Mike

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i have some stuff for snowboarding cause my older brother used it, but what else do i need?

i have:

columbia 'convert' jacket (it 'looks' ike a snowboarding jacket, and its warm and has all the air vents in it, and a thing at the bottom to prevent snow coming up the jacket.

it also came with nylon pants which are really durable..

i have burton gloves

smith goggles

thermal underwear/shirt

so what else do i need? i know i can rent a board and bindings from a local ski shop, but what else do i need (to buy that is)?

·
Registered
849 Posts
ja289 said:
iso what else do i need? i know i can rent a board and bindings from a local ski shop, but what else do i need (to buy that is)?

i'd suggest 'wick away' type socks that will get the sweat away from your feet, cuz wet = cold
have good sweatpants, like GOOD sweatpants

and dress in lotsa layers
if u get hot or too warm, take a layer or two off at a time

maybe a toque?

and that thing at the bottom of ur jacket is called a powder skirt
all u boarders buying jackets, i REALLY suggest getting a jacket that has it

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I hit up tahoe two days ago and I'll be back up again for at least two more days this weekend. I can't wait.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
m98_bmx said:
We hit up Pats Peak last weekend, Gunstock friday and Pats Peak again today. The season just started and my freinds and I already have 3 days in.
i was @ pats peak the other weekend too

cool ****

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
ja289 said:
i have some stuff for snowboarding cause my older brother used it, but what else do i need?

i have:

columbia 'convert' jacket (it 'looks' ike a snowboarding jacket, and its warm and has all the air vents in it, and a thing at the bottom to prevent snow coming up the jacket.

so what else do i need? i know i can rent a board and bindings from a local ski shop, but what else do i need (to buy that is)?
I have convert pants and they're wonderful, so comfy, light, and they keep you warm, plus there's a stash pocket inside the right front pocket.

You don't need much else in terms of stuff, snowboarding pants obviously, ski socks, and maybe a lift ticket.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
I have convert pants and they're wonderful, so comfy, light, and they keep you warm, plus there's a stash pocket inside the right front pocket.

qfmft, i have convert pants, and they're super nice, especially seeing as i got them for $30

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Screwedupmonkey said:
qfmft, i have convert pants, and they're super nice, especially seeing as i got them for $30
Mine were $50 :tdown:

I felt pretty inclined to buy them because my windells coach was sponsored by them and he gave me tons of free ****.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts