Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first my G6R started acting up and now its time for my vice. Ive had this vice for over a year (second owner), and its been absolutely perfect for me. Hot and cold weather, it worked perfect. It was starting to do some first shot drop off which im told poppet markers arent supposed to do. I wanted to take it apart fully for the first time to see if maybe it needed some cleaning. I took it apart and everything looked fine, O-rings were in great shape. I put it back together after using some grease, And now its leaking from the valve. I took it apart maybe 8 times now, used different lube, changed all O-rings and its still doing it. Only thing i can think of is that the solenoid is messed up and wont close. Anyone hear of something like this or have any tips to try?

I cant afford bringing it to a paintball store and forking out more then i paid for the marker in repairs. So hopefully its just a cheap fix. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the low pressure set to 80. Question! i kinda marked up the poppet when putting it out with pliers. That cant have anything to do with it right? Cuz the spring just rests on the poppet and nothing more?

D

·
0 Posts
I'm not familiar with bob long markers specifically - but I do have a fair amount of experience with other stacked tube poppet markers...

That looks to be what you'll need to replace.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, i think ill try to order one. I believe the G6R poppets are the exact same as the vice ones. Unless anyones heard differently!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SO!! i was bored today and decided to swap my G6R's poppet for my vices, and guess what... No leak, i still don't understand how the poppet is the problem because you hold them up side by side and they are exactly the same. same size O-rings, same lube. But im happy that i know what the issue is at least!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the cushion portion was slightly marked up from me pulling it out with plyers, but all that does is sit against the spring right? no seal of any kind. Well thats what i THOUGHT lol. Finding a vice poppet will be kinda hard, i can only find the G6R low pressure poppet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, i have a bob long vice O-ring kit. I had tried 2 new o-rings and it still leaked. May as well just buy the low pressure poppet for the g6r and take the stock poppet to put in my vice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts