Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever read any books you liked a lot? My favorite ones...

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy-JRR Tolkien
Dune-Frank Herbert(i want to read more books from that series)
The Odyssey-Homer
Jurassic Park-Michael Crichton

If you think im a nerd, you can save it, stupid people like you are the reason this world will eventually be a failure.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter (all 5) - J.K. Rowling
Star Wars Jedi Academy Trilogy - Kevin J. Anderson
The Giver - Lois Lowry
The Once And Future King - T.H. White
Romeo & Juliet, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, almost every other Shakespeare play - Obviously, William Shakespeare

Tons upon tons more good ones, but these were what I could think of.

-Jin

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
lord of the rings trilogy + the hobbit

all harry potter books

all star wars books

the wheel of time decology by robert jordan (seriously, these books are awsome, if you like lord of thr rings, then you'l love these books. each is about 1000 pages, and thers 10 of em, does it get any better than that?)

Eragon (another book for the lord of the rings fans. it was written by a 16 year old, its the first part of his trilogy, and its one of the best books ive ever read, i got it and started reading it and never put it down till i was finnished, seriously, i read it in like half a day)

redwall books

jonny tremain

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
anything by Stephen King rocks

and I'm reading the book based on the Punisher, it's pretty good. I just won a prize pack from the local rock station (see the Hot Babe Pic Thread, you'll see why they kick so much ass), got 2 tix to the Punisher a week from tomorrow, a Punisher shot glass, Tshirt, that book, and the soundtrack.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
chromekilla said:

Eragon (another book for the lord of the rings fans. it was written by a 16 year old, its the first part of his trilogy, and its one of the best books ive ever read, i got it and started reading it and never put it down till i was finnished, seriously, i read it in like half a day)
i was gonna say that... It really is a great book, can't wait till the next ones come out. http://www.alagaesia.com

All LOTR books + The Hobbit

All 5 Harry Potter

The Sight-forgot author

The Seven Towers- or something like that, many books (7 maybe?), also forgot author...

EDIT: Eragon movie in '05. http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/eragon/news_movie.htm

EDIT2: Philip Pullman is also a good author, he wrote the Golden Compass + 2 others in a trilogy

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
Spudchucker said:
if its by clive cussler it is a sweet read
ok, stoners do have good taste in books ;)

When's he coming out with a new Dirk Pitt book, i feel deprived.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hobbit & LOTR series - JRR Tolkien
Pretty much all stephen king (especially the dark tower series)
Any Dan Brown book
Any tom clancy book

And right now it seems im going to start reading some H.P. Lovecraft, Im half way through The Lurker At The Threshold and it seems awesome.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've read a bunch of Gary Paulsen books. He has some good ones. The ones I like the best though are "The Transall Saga" and ummm... damn what is it? Oh yeah, "Hatchet" Great book.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Giver - Lois Lowry- jin

ah i just read that book 2 days ago, i thought it was pretty weird...

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
The harry potter books were excellent.
I'm currently reading The Silmarillion, and it's quite good.
A few good other books.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
There was a book that I read awhile ago, that had a bunch of different books in it, that was very good. I think the guys last name was pink...
I'm reading the Left Behind books now (12).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts