Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big is your biggest school book and how much does it weigh?

My history book is 1023 pages and weighs around 5 lbs :(
On days when i have all of my classes, i have to drag around my 30lbs (about) backpack for 7 hours. I dont get why they dont just but every student a laptop or something and have all of the books on disks. It would save so much money and be a TON easier on students and teacher. Plus it would save paper/trees.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
My biggest book is a 3500 page book thats massive that tells you everything that has happened in human history down to the day for 2000 years. Wif pics

·
Registered
89 Posts
themailleman said:
How big is your biggest school book and how much does it weigh?

My history book is 1023 pages and weighs around 5 lbs :(
On days when i have all of my classes, i have to drag around my 30lbs (about) backpack for 7 hours. I dont get why they dont just but every student a laptop or something and have all of the books on disks. It would save so much money and be a TON easier on students and teacher. Plus it would save paper/trees.
Books are a better source of learning as your brain remembers reflected light more than it does projected light. :)

·
12,110 Posts
My biology book is ginormous. I just recently started using my locker, but its so far away from my classes, I have to be ready to haul ass when the bell rings.

I wish they'd let us use laptops in school. It would make life helluva lot easier. And we could all have a login on the school network so we can recieve stuff form the teacher and print stuff to each classroom's printer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
all you are lucky to have lockers. My history book is 5 pouinds or so, my chem book is about 4, my math is about 4 also... add in the novels and notebooks for English... it gets heavy... But my B day classes are all electives, so all I have is a mil history book and a psycology book, which are really really light. Thank god for saddlebags!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
don't know how many pages my text books are, but my dad has a hitler biography that is 772 pages.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
My school is so stupid we can't carry around backpacks. But I only have to use 2 books and each one is only like 700 pages.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
For paramedic I had 5 volumes of the Text, each over 1000 pages, 6 workbooks, 2 student guides, and then My ACLS text, PALS text, NRP text, and EKG workbooks. I got a rolling suitcase to carry them all around in...

Just wait until you get to college and your *&@#%$# books cost like $1500 a semester... Then you sell them back to the bookstore for $150 bucks for the lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts