Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to paintball and looking at a new barrel but I keep seeing different bore size of the barrels? Aren't all paintballs the same size and shouldn't the barrel be the same size? What bore size is the best?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
paint manufacters generally stick to .689 for paint. But it's not uncommon for some to make smaller or larger bore paint. Also the weather plays a large roll in the size of a paintball, making it larger or smaller depending on conditions.

For those reasons they offer a variety of bores.

Personally I know all the paint around me works fine in a .689 bore. Some people however like to take no chances and go for the biggest bore so they don't break paint in the barrel.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
yeah its best to get around .689, but there are some paint that needs the smallest bore, xball for example I have to shoot it with a .789 for perfect bore sizing

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
If you're shooting a cocker (which your sig suggests you are), you more or less need to get multiple sizes. If you were shooting an open bolt gun one size would be fine. I'd suggest looking into a cheap kit, you probably only need three sizes, something like .685, .689, and .693

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
freak kit, freak jr. kit sly kit, empire pipe kit, stiffi switch kit. there are many more kits ranging in prices.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
the best cheap kit would be a J&J preformance barrel kit. Nice cheap ceramic coated barrels that clean out breaks well and shoot as good as anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts