Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup. Turns out the dude with the Jeep just wanted to get rid of it. I bought a 1990 Jeep Cherokee that runs, 4 Wheel Drive, 6 Cylinder Engine, some other goodies, for 100 bucks.

Ahhh I'm so happy. Won't be balling for a while but oh well.

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah man I wouldn't blow it up... I want this car to go offroading and mudding in. The most I'll have to put into it to be driveable is like 300 bucks. Then once I get a job this summer I'll get a lift kit and a new paintball gun.

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked it up today and it's pretty sweet. Got a battery for 16 bucks cause the old one was only 2 months out of warranty. Dad drove it home, it's actually got some nice power.

Pics later.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
You plan on putting that lift-kit yourself? Also shocks would be nice too....
Why not? I put the lift kit in my plow Blazer and it didn't take too long. As long as you can weld it is no problem. If the Jeep has a solid rear it is easy. I know a few people with Early 90's Jeeps, that straight six is a good motor.

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lift Kit shouldn't be too hard at all. Haha I was wanting to port and polish my engine but my dad was like nah it's not worth the work.

Today I didn't go to school *monos a ****** and my dad has been working on it all day. I don't mind but it's my car and I wanted to do a lot of the work. Oh well.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Xball said:
Lift Kit shouldn't be too hard at all. Haha I was wanting to port and polish my engine but my dad was like nah it's not worth the work.

Today I didn't go to school *monos a ****** and my dad has been working on it all day. I don't mind but it's my car and I wanted to do a lot of the work. Oh well.
you port/polish heads, not engines thumup:
and mono does suck ass

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
Rawr, all you guys know how to install all these parts. When am I gunna learn?

Buy a junker, buy the maintinance book (the dealer repair book), tear the car and motor apart, and put it back together. That is a good start, then go hang out with car people and watch them work on their cars and ask questions. The best way to learn is to do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts