Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike hates Chevy. I have nothing against the Shelby Mustangs, but I'd take a lower powered (and lighter) Vette over any Mustang. I don't need insane power, I like light cars, ergo the purchase of the (first) FR-S to replace a 350Z.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They're plain hard to find now. That's actually what I WANTED. 2002-2004 Lotus Esprit V-8. I searched within 500 miles of me on Edmunds.com, cars.com, craigslist, ebay motors. I found 4 V-8 Esprits for sale. 1 was a "fixer upper", no interest in that. 1 was mostly what I wanted, but white with tan leather interior. I find that color scheme HIDEOUSLY ugly. 1 was an automatic (and also another white w/ tan leather interior). The last was an older 98 that the guy had done some work on. Nice looking, black w/ tan leather interior (don't mind that so much). Upgraded the turbos to bring the power output to around 500 hp. When Lotus were developing this car back in 95/96 (this engine is derived from the Chevy LT5 that was in the Corvette ZR1, as they designed that engine for Chevrolet) this is actually what they had the engine output at. They found that when driven aggressively, that power would overtax the sourced transmission (Renault 5-speed) and would break it. So they tuned down the engine to 350 hp so that they wouldn't break transmissions. So that Lotus you need to drive very smooth and can't get aggressive or you risk snapping gears. So none of the 4 were anything I'd want. As far newer Lotus, I think the Elise/Exige is surprisingly unattractive, and the Evora is pretty nice looking, but the lowest you can find even used Evora's for is almost double what I paid for the Corvette, and honestly the Evora isn't really a "true" Lotus in many ways. It's over 3000 pounds and a 2+2, not a 2-seater.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know what would look great in his new car? some of your leather crafts.
They would match, it has a leather interior. Low quality leather (obviously, it's a Corvette), but leather.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok I see the d day plan, hook the Z behind the corvette and use it for storage space to get all the gear to d day
That would be...hysterical to watch going down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts