Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A 2005 Polaris 800 XP SC similar to the picture above. I actually haven't seen it yet as my father bought it while he was snowmobiling this weekend and is bringing it home. (I didn't get to go this trip since I have class, I have to wait until next trip in March) I guess he figured my 340 was getting a bit too slow for me and he didn't like me riding my uncles 750 or old 600.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, anyone know what this thing does in the quarter mile? My father said it's quite a bit faster than my car. :)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"In the 900/1000 Stock class for box-stock sleds, the Polaris 900 Fusion posted an outstanding ET of 12.671 seconds"

Hmm, so the 800 is 138hp and the 900 has 146hp, so I'm down 8hp, but it weighs 25lbs less and has an aftermarket studded track with longer paddles. So, I bet it runs mid-high 12's or so as it sits. Faster than my car stock, should be fun (it's getting modified though). :D

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
yeah but screw snow/cold weather :dodgy: seriously, i was standing outside about 30 min ago before i left a buddies house, it was 32 outside, windy and light rain, the only thing that saved me from instant death were my trusty cigarettes. someone tell the canadians to please keep their ****ing cold ass air out of south texas.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
auto maggot said:
yeah but screw snow/cold weather :dodgy: seriously, i was standing outside about 30 min ago before i left a buddies house, it was 32 outside, windy and light rain, the only thing that saved me from instant death were my trusty cigarettes. someone tell the canadians to please keep their ****ing cold ass air out of south texas.
I wish it was that warm out, it's negative 11 right now with a windchill of -30. If i stepped outside my balls would pack up and migrate to my esophogas.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
auto maggot said:
Oh come on, suck it up. 32 out? That's shorts & a t-shirt weather.

-Jinjiro

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When we go snowmobiling it gets down to -35*F or so at night, that's pretty cold. 32*F isn't bad at all.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, -35 with the normal wind chill, plus your moving at 25-40mph. It eats right through your snow suit. Hands and feet are what seem to kill the most though, you can never find gloves or boots that are warm enough.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, my father saw it and thought of me (and how I've been riding the same underpowered sled since I was eight). He said it reminded him of my car (Both Silver), so he thought I would like it.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went riding this weekend, amazing how much the suspension has improved, it rides a lot better than the older machines. It doesn't feel as fast as my uncles older Indy Storm 750 triple, but I had it up to 100 out on the lake and it felt pretty stable. I definately like it, time to get rid of all the old ones. :)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Dooms is a fine example of trickle down economics.
He buys stuff, and posts pictures of it to make us, the poorer people, happier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts