Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older imagine with several ups, t board is next. but im stuck between bounce beam or break beam. Im in the army and i have access to the tools required but it seems that the bounce would be an easier install.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Bounce beam should be easier to install, because all the wiring would run down the same side. There's a trade off though.

Since the beam needs to reflect off of a ball in order to work, it can have trouble with some dark color shelled paintballs. Most of the time it will be fine though, and I think after a certain delay the T-board will fire anyway.

Breakbeams rely on the paintball to interupt the beam between the two eyes, so paint color is never a problem. But on the same token, if they get dirty from one reason or another they will think there is always a ball present.

As another point, I think I read on OtterSC that on a break beam install you can just drill straight through the body if it's in a press and the eyes will align perfect.

Speaking of Otter, his site is a really good source of Spyder information, and he has a section on just the T-board, as well as a few others. You should have a look at it.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/t-board.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts