Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jewstin
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in any pools or filling brackets out? I know I'm in the middle of filling mine out. Damn its hard this season heh.

My Predictions:

Wake vs. Illinois--> Illinois

Duke vs. UNC--> UNC

Winnar: UNC (debating)

Villanova has a chance of getting to the Elite Eight, but I think UNC is to powerful.

MSU could be a suprising factor too. Although I think Syracuse will take them.

·
Bang Bang Bang
1,615 Posts
i believe the duke and UNC game is gonna be a real close one. Being a duke fan i do have to give it to UNC, they have a good roster this year, but i think duke will play their game and come out on top.

I believe wake can beat illinoise also.

Kinda crazy its 3 north carolina teams huh? NC represent.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
EKU all the way.....

Ok so they wont beat UK in the first round. But im feeling um........ florida or UK.

edit- oh yea, somebody said they was going to be 65 teams in the tourney... but there is only 64 on the brackets. SO are they just stupid? it was on some tv show, thats why im wondering.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
It's 65 teams and only 64 in the brackets because the team that gets to play UNC first round is a play-in game held in Dayton, OH. It's basically two teams that are even and are 20-seeds that couldn't get ranked in the preseason or even after Selection Sunday (yesterday).

So really, the tourney IS only 64 teams, but the one that decides the odd man out will be before the rest of the tourney begins. Those two teams are Oakland (Michigan) and Alabama A&M.

·
Jewstin
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Syracuse Regional:

UNC vs. Iowa State--> UNC-->Advances
Villanova vs. Florida--> Florida--> Loses to UNC

Wisconsin vs. Kansas-->Kansas->Advances
Charlotte vs. UConn--> UConn-->Loses to Kansas (its a debatable play here)

Austin Regional:

Duke vs. Stanford--> Duke-->dunno
MSU vs. Syracuse--> Syracuse-->dunno

Utah vs. Oklahome--> Oklahome--> Loses to Kentucky (again debatable)
Cinci. vs. Kentucky--> Kentucky--Advances

Very tough brackets this year

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
PaintballRemix said:
Syracuse Regional:

UNC vs. Iowa State--> UNC-->Advances
Villanova vs. Florida--> Florida--> Loses to UNC

Wisconsin vs. Kansas-->Kansas->Advances
Charlotte vs. UConn--> UConn-->Loses to Kansas (its a debatable play here)

Austin Regional:

Duke vs. Stanford--> Duke-->dunno
MSU vs. Syracuse--> Syracuse-->dunno

Utah vs. Oklahome--> Oklahome--> Loses to Kentucky (again debatable)
Cinci. vs. Kentucky--> Kentucky--Advances

Very tough brackets this year
nova will kill florida
uconn will kill kansas
duke will win against stanford

otherwise i pretty much agree

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I got Ok St., Gonzaga Connecticut and Kentucky in the final four

and Ok St. beating Kentucky to win it all

call me crazy, but it's very possible for the #1 seed to get knocked out in all 4 groups.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Tyl3r said:
uconn will beat kansas but not by a lot.. its biased cuz u want where u live to win the tourny... i want uk to win but i doubt they will but they have a chance
I've liked Kansas my whole life, and not simply because I live here. We will have Langford back, therefore, we will own.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
cubsfan4life021 said:
can you say MIZZOU??
Can you say "piss-yellow MIZZOU FIELDHOUSE?"

Yeah that's right. It looks worse than a rest stop bathroom in there. UGLY. Mizzou doesn't have any claims to fame except that they're on the bad side of the river. It's no accident that MISSOURI sounds like MISERY when you say it out loud...

I put KU and USU in the final game, because I'm biased towards both teams. And going into the Pacific game on Friday night, even the ESPN sports guys were like "USU's not a threat, Pacific is going to reassert its dominance tonight". Yeah, dominance my ***, at one point we were up by 22 and we ended the game ahead by 13. Now all of a sudden they're calling Utah State "a dangerous team", as said yesterday during Bracketology. Go figure.

Plus we better have gotten a bid this year...last year we became the first team in NCAA history that was qualified for the tourney but didn't go. And Pacific did win over us both previous times, yes, but one was in OT and the other was by one point here at home when they rallied for 8 points with 35 seconds left in the game. Worst game of my life, Friday vindicated me. Especially cause I'm good buds with Jaycee Carroll (lives two doors down from me). WHAT A PIMP!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts