Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That Dude!
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought a brand new A5, a stock and a 16" proto barrel (I heard the stock barrels were horrible). First marker and new player since Sunday me and 20 other friends went to Skirmish PA and had a blast but I have some questions about barrel and Proformance.

-----Lapco

-----Proto <--- 16" Already own (and I never used the stock barrel so don't know the proformance so can't compare)

-----J&J

-----Tippmann

-----Apex

Just looking for Range and accuracy (like everyone else)

Also E-Grip or Respones Trigger and other things that are proformace wise better ONLY!! (Don't care for looks at this point)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
The flatline adds no usable extra distance. Because ofthe backspin, it'll go further but the ball with be traveling so slowly that it wont' break. What it does do is add a flatter trajectory. There's also issue with paint breaking in them because theyre' apparently a fairly small bore. I think it's a massive waste of money.

Out of those I'd get a J&J ceramic barrel for sure. Theyr'e teflon coated so if you happen to have a chop or barrel break you can simply shoot the paint out without having to clean your barrel instantly. Eventually you'll have to run a swap through it, but if youre' in the middle of the fight you can keep on going without having to stop.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Lapco is better than J&J the tolerances used by Lapco are exceptional and the level of finish is second to none. If you are on a budget J&J is great but if you have a few extra dollars you won't be disappointed by Lapco. Tippmann barrels are terrible they are marginally better than the stock barrels but for their quality they should have just come stock on their markers instead of costing extra. Protos are nice budget barrels I've used a few and have no complaints. Apex is the king of gimmick barrels you can get a Flatline-type shot as well as hooked shots and a few other fancy things. You can also turn off the Apex to take regular shots and the Apex itself can be removed to go on other barrels like Lapcos. If you have your heart set on a Flatline buy the Apex instead!

·
That Dude!
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly does the length add to this equation of distance? and what would be a good size to choose for sniper or to melee.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And what about accuracy? if theres a difference.
i dont like my flatline barrel, i guess it helps with distance a little bit but its very heavy and not accurate at all. it also chops the paint alot (maybe i just use crummy paint, idk) id def go with a different barrel tho

·
That Dude!
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because of price alone i wouldn't want a tippmann flatine. But Im thinking about the Apex for the trick shots. Also quick question what does length add for proformance? and whats Porting?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts