Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size of these ? I know they are small, because they roll right out of my stock Pilot barrel, you can see a fair amount of light around them. Just wondering if a J&J Ceramic barrel would be a better fit ? I like the Monster Balls for the way we play in the woods. Accuracy isnt a huge concern, but I would like them not to roll out of the barrel.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

You dont happen to know about the Scorcher paintballs do ya ? What size they run in ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love cheap paint that you can just spray like crazy, but if they are rolling out of the barrel its no good.

Thanks for the help guys. The reason I was asking this, is Im trying to find the best setup we can use regularly without having to mail order.

chaoticprophecy, I just traded off a Walther P99 like is in your avatar. Very nice guns. thumup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more....How about a size on the PMI Super Swirls ? Seems like a decent paint, they look to be round with no dimples.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I tried the Super Swirls I didn't like them all that much.. They don't seem very durable to me and would break in the hopper and be broken in the bag..... But I may have just gotten a bad case

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you have a paintball shop near you I'd check with them. Most shops have decent paint and carry a low end line of paint that is better than Wally paint for about the same price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spyderkid101 said:
I just bought some monster balls today. So u guys are saying that they even roll past the detents?!
No, the dual detents on my Pilot holds them, but they are .684 as someone stated and my stock Pilot barrel is .691.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
M4A3 said:
I love cheap paint that you can just spray like crazy, but if they are rolling out of the barrel its no good.

Thanks for the help guys. The reason I was asking this, is Im trying to find the best setup we can use regularly without having to mail order.

chaoticprophecy, I just traded off a Walther P99 like is in your avatar. Very nice guns. thumup:
Yea you can spray like crazy with cheap paint, but the only problem is that the balls will go extremely unaccurate and bust in your barrel. Usually the paint has extreme dimples and wrong size. I would at least use premiums but if you use this stuff just flip the bags day by day and make sure there in a cool area with low humidity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used monster balls and i only had a few roll out during the game. I had my stock barrel though, i was wondering if you guys knew what bore size a teardrop barrel is, will the monster balls roll out to easaly.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Jeep1950 said:
I used monster balls and i only had a few roll out during the game. I had my stock barrel though, i was wondering if you guys knew what bore size a teardrop barrel is, will the monster balls roll out to easaly.
Ottercreek also has barrel sizes linked to this page: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html. I believe the Progressives are .688-.689, about the same as the stock Ion barrel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts