Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I am new to paintball after a brief stint when I was 16. I am now 26 and looking to get into it seriously. I have purchased a mint Brass eagle poison (green) from a friend of mine. Are these guns better left in the dislpay cabinet or can they still me used in rec ball.

Also can you still get parts for them and can they be customised?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, I think I'll put it on display in that case. You said you'd google'd it but over here in the UK I did the same and almost nothing came up in the search. Typical, I swear everythings in the States is bigger and better. Still, thanks again chap, much appreciated.

While your on, what gun/marker would you reccomend for a beginner.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
tippmann 98c is hands dow the greatest beginner gun.

Cheap to buy, but you'll never break it. Its durable and reliable, the two most important things in a starter gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New marker for a beginner

Cheers for the help guys. I think I'll go for the Tippmann A 5 with an upgraded barrel cause I like the idea of the easy field stripping facility.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I intend to mostly play woodsball and I like the idea of the tippmann being as tuff as a coffin nail. Also being a hunter I like the idea of having the flatline accuracy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
try get a spyder imagine, it'll help you on ur way with speed ball and what not, but if ya play woodsball, ya might wanna go with a tippmann 98c or A-5

Edit: also just a note, from what i've been told, and i have about 10 freinds wiht p8c's and A-5's and all have flatlines, it mostly adds distance, maybe a little help in acuraccy not much, thought u'd want to know

·
Registered
440 Posts
I played with a my posion before for rec ball. If you have all the originol manuals and box, you can probably sell it at mcarterbrown.com for $100. Mcarterbrown.com is dedicated to old guns before 1994. Thats where I usually am and I hang out here once in a while to lend advice. The perfomance o a Posion isnt that great. Mine always uncocked no matter how many parts you exchanged or orings you replace. I sold mine fo rthat reason becasue its not that practical of a gun. Also its double action so the trigger pull is very sloppy. Id advice you hang around mcarterbrown when you ever want to talk paintball.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts