Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Brass Eagle: Reaction Paintballs (SMELL?)

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SessySalamander 
#1 ·
They smell so horrible. Is this normal. I am new but I bought some paintballs before (another brand and they didnt smell like anything) Why do they smell so bad?

#2 ·
Maybe because they use a different amount of ingredients (oils including fish and vegetable oils), and the time they have spent on the shelves. Its some of the worst paint dont buy it for any real use.
Paintballs smelling is completely normal. Especially if they have been in the sun or in the box or pod for a while.
Worst smelling paint is from Sport Chalet. Its their store brand and it STINKS right outta the box.

#8 ·
gosh i payed $60 for a case of DXS gold over the weekend and that was from a friend who owns a field so he gave them to me for the price of the bronze that he had run out of.

as for $30 cases though, im rather partial to visible impact. i ran paintball for a camp i worked at over the summer and i have to say, at least at the 260 the markers were shooting at, the stuff did quite well. it didnt fly all over the place, rarely broke in the barrel and typically broke on target and had a good shelf life. i went through 20 cases of the stuff and didnt have any come out of the box broken

#4 ·
Yeah, i can buy it for 30 bucks a case too. Nearly ANYBODY that knows where a Walmart is has access to them.
I can also buy DXS Recsport or Local good shop paint for 35 bucks a case. Its pretty damn decent too.
Oh and Proto paint for 30 a case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.