Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
You know what he stepped down right? It takes the peoples focus away from the democratic win in the House and possibly Senate. :)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
666paintballer said:
heard about it today in school. Half the class just went "who?"

Sorry to get off topic, but this brings up a very important point to me.

Our school systems are failing.

I, not to brag, am very smart, in History and other Social Studies-esque classes. Since my grandpa is a veteran, he has taught me a lot about war, especially World War II and Iwo Jima, which he was in.

I don't think I've ever learned anything about any war in school. All the other kids are ridiculously stupid compared to myself about subjects like these.

I am a freshman in high school, just turned 15 today.

I am in an honours Social Studies class, and yet there are really stupid questions asked frequently. Yesterday a girl asked when the next presidential election was.

This made me want to end myself.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
well, the truth is the curriculum doesn't really give you anything besides basic knowledge.. when you think aobut it, alot of it is designed to really to just meet average standards. honors means ****. i take AP classes and it's ridiculous. HS is generally easy, the only thing that really matters is college. i dont really care how much i learn now, beucase the only things ill really learn are going to be outside of school anyway. plus is it even realistic for a teacher to sit down to tell you how iwo jima was fought?

high school education is too 'average' on alot of standards, so to get by that, schools offer AP, and other college classes. AP classes were non-existant in schools only until recently, and i think thats because it has alot to do with the state's mandatory testing.

for example, the regents exams given in new york are ridiculously easy. i would say with the exception of math, they're all extremely easy. but they make it like that so more kids (say in inner-city school districts) have the same opportunity to pass, due to their lack of resources a school like mine has. and since shcools like mine don't have the lower standards an inner-city school has, they offer AP and college classes to boost those standards. and if you look at the ap/college offers, they're all through some third-party (collegeboard, or a local university).

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
If I were republican, I'd be mad he lasted as long as he did.
If we hadn't gone into Iraq, Republicans would've likely hanged on to both houses. So yes, he could be blamed.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
He should have been replaced the first time he offered resignation. I don't have a lot of confidence in a man that offers to quit twice.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
Flash LCD said:
If we hadn't gone into Iraq, Republicans would've likely hanged on to both houses. So yes, he could be blamed.
No, the Republicans could have been HUGE! for the next decade had things in Iraq gone better. But Rumsfeld's 10-30-30 idea ended up being more like 10-Never-Never.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I have alot of respect for Rumsy. He realized he couldnt do his job properly so he decided to retire.... 3 years later.

courtesy of Leno.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts