Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several auctions for a pump marker on e-bay called the Brute. I have yet to find a website for the manufacturer, or any comments on how the gun is, what kind of performance you can get from it Etc. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the Brute marker, or know of the manufacturer's website?

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah, me too! I saw it and I was like, dude, 20 bucks! YEAH! Then I noticed... It has no manufacturer or description so I was like.... Uhh no... Maybe we should get some to review them? Become famous haha.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I remember reading on the phog awhile back about it. I know that some company in south korea or taiwan made a copy of a gun that was no longer in production. For 20 bucks it would be worth a shot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I'm probably going to go for it and let you all know how it turns out. They have a package with a 9oz. tank, a vl200, a squeegee, and gun oil as well as the brute for about 35. I figure I'm buying the stuff and getting a cheap marker for free. I'm going to go play again soon and I'll let you all know how it turns out as long as it arrives in time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. All seems to be set. The marker will be here in a day or so, and I am going to go play and review this Brute marker on Sunday. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now it's all up to the vendor from e-bay to get it here by saturday so I can have it for my frozen game on Sunday. If it gets here later I may have to get you guys that review on the following week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well murphy's law came and kicked me square in the ginickey. I woke up with a bad case of the flu and couldn't get out to the field. I'll let you know about it soon though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK everyone, I'm sorry for the long delay, but between shipping problems followed by an unexpected illness (damnable flu) I've finally been able to really put my Brute through some paces. The main body of the gun is solid and pretty well put together. It has a one-piece main body tube (no removable barrel) and good simple internals. The bolt has a adjustable velicoty screw and the hammer and seer lock up well. The trigger frame unfortunately is plastic, and I can see already this is one of the places that will wear since there is moving metal inside of a plastic housing. The trigger comes with a shoe already installed so it is comfortabel albeit a little small. The botomline ASA is well made, and fits securely. After opening the gun to oil everything I found the internales are very similar to a ACI maverick, although I have yet to see if the parts are interchangeable. The pump handle is plastic, which is common, but unfortunately so are the arms that connect the handle to the bolt. I'd place a bet that the pump arms will be the first thing to break, then I'll either have to buy a new gun or manufacture new arms. The gun strips and re-assembles easily enough but alignment of screw holes could be better. Tools are sometimes needed for parts that should be thumb screwable. After oiling up the gun and working the action a few times it smoothed out nciely. I have yet to play with it due to the above mentioned situations, but I'll remedy that ASAP. I'll have pics soon too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts