Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woot woot. sitting in the coure de'allane holliday inn. we drove 1500 miles and went white water rafting all day yesterday. Went 24 miles in the yellowstone river. Now am hanging out with my aunt and uncle. Yea people say montana is sooo pretty. Its a bunch of trees and a few hills. Pulled through missoula and it just so happens missoula is on fire right now. GO FOREST FIRES. Will still be out till weds. Thought I would check in.
What I missed.
Go cockerguy
BYe baurblades
miss anything.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a true pilot yet. I only have my recreational license. I am going with the family.

edit. What I ment is. I am only to a certain level now. In about 2 years I will be a full pilot and will be flying for delta. I can only fly 3 seaters right now and don't have a instrument license so the smoke coming from the forest fires would force me to land.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
btw what aviation school did you go to, or do you go to. I was always interested in piloting

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey were do you play...I am here all weekend. Luckily my hotel has internet. I want to go play around here someplace.

nyy I am going to delta air academy. I won't go untill next summer. Because Im only a senior. I take some lessons at the local airport.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woot. Today I chartered a sea plane and flew around a big ass lake. It is like 30 miles long. Its a great time. I haven't been in the area and it was great to get a chance to fly. Kinda old school plane but I will get pics up when I get home. Got to scan them.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but this isn't a great lake. I have been over lake michagan. And superior. I thought this was tons better. I just got the pics that we developed but they don't show much. Just us before we took off and then some shore line and the back of my head flying.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i was thinking about becomign a pilot i herd they make alot of money how much u think ull make when ur flying for delta and like how many years of collega after highschool untill u can fly for an airline?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it depends on what type of flight postitions I can get. start pay is pretty low. like 40g. then each year you are with the regional line you get a senior raise. Its around 8-10 thousnd a year. maxing at some around 80 g and other all the way up to 140. It takes about 3 years to school. Also to get a good postion though you need lots of flight hours to get a good postion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my friend said his uncle flies for fedex and makes like 200,000$ a year

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea when you are a senior pilot for a big line you can make tons of money. He must work the crap hours. thats how you make that mcuh.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yeh he said he works like the hours no one wants to work but id work anyhours if the pay is really good

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
when i was at lake george (amazing place, upstate ny) and i was fishing, we saw this airplane doing a nose dive straight at the lake, i got kinda scared, and got ready to start the boat if it was crashing, when it was near the woods of the adirondak mtns, it just pulled back up. I dont think it was legal, and i thought that the pilot was a retard for taking a risk like that

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aww cmon. its legal to do what you want up there. I was riding up drifts today. You cut engine just as you hit the top of a mountain. you catch an updraft from the treeline. It can push you like a long way up. Then you go wieghtless and you throtle back down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts