Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anything heard about the Bugatti Veyron? This freaking thing is a best. 1001 HP with 16 cylinders and a one million+ dollar tag.

The thing is 79 inches wide (2 inches shorter then that of a hummer) And 48 inches tall. So its basically like a hummer but half as tall. Just so you get an idea, take out a tape measure and measure that out, its nuts.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bugatti.htm

www.bugatti-cars.de
To check out how the engine works click models...veyron...engineering...engine. Theres some videos there.

Here is the only video i could find. I you find something better post it please.

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/article.aspx?xml=veyron&src=home&pos=editlead
Entitled "Bugatti Veyron" under streaming video.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
too bad you need a long distance to get up to the top speed of that thing. they tested the McLaren F1 at some volkswagen track in germany or somethin like that, it was said to be one of few places a car like that could reach such speeds

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I sat in one at Limerock (wasn't supposed to). It is a very plush car, you have to understand the history of Buggati to understand why this car would even be conceived. I don't want to go into all of it, but guys in Rolls Royces, Bentlys, and Maybachs bow to a Buggati. Buggati was and is king and when VW bought the name they wanted to produce kind of a final legacy to Buggati. A "the most awesome" production car type deal. If produced it would probibly win the award for the most plush sports car. By the way, it doesn't look that big, it looks like a normal size car. If you have ever seen the Enzo up close it looks very small. Oh, and if you want to lease one when it comes out it will be $5,000 a month.

Oh, and the track they test it on is Nurburgring, which has a two mile straight. Best track in the world.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
zpyro said:
too bad you need a long distance to get up to the top speed of that thing. they tested the McLaren F1 at some volkswagen track in germany or somethin like that, it was said to be one of few places a car like that could reach such speeds
You mean the autobond in germany. It like a high way but there are no speed limits there, so you can go as fast as you want. I think german compies use that sometimes. I have seen that bugati before. I am pretty sure it is still a concept car but its just a work of art.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I don't think anyone would want to do over 200mph on the Autobahn. Too much traffic. I'm almost positive they test high speeds at das Nurburgring.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
empire 4 life said:
You mean the autobond in germany. It like a high way but there are no speed limits there, so you can go as fast as you want. I think german compies use that sometimes. I have seen that bugati before. I am pretty sure it is still a concept car but its just a work of art.
no, the autobahn is like a highway, and some places DO have speed limits, even if they are kinda high.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
yup. on the autobahn the far left lane is what is generally the "no limits" lane. as u move to the right they get slower and slower speed limits. in the areas have do have speed limits you will get MAJOR fines for speeding. they base speeding ticket amounts on your annual salary. they have seriously given speeding tickets that were over 55,000 dollars. crazzy.

cool car, but i hate that nose.

i think i'd take a chevelle or something like that, totally hopped up suspension wise, and sporting a blueprinted 350 chevy that makes 1200 hp w/ the help of twin turbos. oo yeah. thats uber fast. they've got that engine in some early 60's chevy sedan hot rod that was built, made the cover of numberous mags. they said that you could get it up to 60, then barley push the pedal and it would go from 60-100 or more and it would feel just like you were going from 0-60 again. :smokin

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
1001 hp stock?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
so is its the fastest stock car at the moment?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Yup, the problem though is they are having trouble keeping the engines from overheating and it isn't real stable past 230 mph. (The car can do 250, but is very difficult to handle at that speed as air/wind resistance is too great) They want to have it perfected before they release it, but they do want to release it.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Here are some pictures I took when I saw it before they opened up to let the press guys sit in it. (Which is when I snuck in for a seat) :cool:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts