Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
1,250,000 dollars........itd be nice i guess........yea it has the VW W-16 in it being fed by quad turbos....its definitely going to turn some heads and some tracks. Also, the spoiler adjusts itself for the maximum traction at a specific speed.....fine tuned engineering at its finest...

EDIT: car + driver did a test on it- top speed is 254 m.p.h. ANd i also found out that it has VVT, or variable valve timing, for those of u who dont know. SO, that means it pretty much has vtech all the time....YAY!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yea, read an article on it. It's the fastet production car. And it is a production car since they made a certain amount of them. (what I read in the article, I forget the exact criteria they had to meet)
But yea, it has like 3 different modes. You reach a certain speed and it goes into "handling mode". The wing comes up on it's on to increase downforce. To go into "top speed" mode, you have to stop the car and flip a switch or hit a button or something, and it keeps the wing from raising.
If you buy one, they have a track for you to drive it on.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Dogpatch said:
To go into "top speed" mode, you have to stop the car and flip a switch or hit a button or something, and it keeps the wing from raising.
If you buy one, they have a track for you to drive it on.

It's a second key, I got to play with the pre-production one a Lime Rock a few years back. Top gear did a show on it too which was pretty good.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
yeah they're nice.

But it wouldn't be my first supercar choice.

my reasons:
1. i dont like the looks that much
2. the gas mileage is horrible(it made top gears list of the top gas guzzlers)
3. good luck with finding parts and clutches(which i'm sure you'll need plenty of)

and lastly:
It is possible to get better gas mileage from a 350 chevy blueprinted, stroked, etc. with gayle banks twin turbo setup. Slap that into a vette, datsun, stang, ranger, noble M12, the list goes on.

hell the list goes on...
5. a porche GT has more than enough power to turn heads and pwn everything on the road at >500hp and i wouldn't be a bit suprised if it handles better.

etc.

I digress.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
lbreevesii said:
yeah they're nice.

But it wouldn't be my first supercar choice.

my reasons:
1. i dont like the looks that much
2. the gas mileage is horrible(it made top gears list of the top gas guzzlers)
3. good luck with finding parts and clutches(which i'm sure you'll need plenty of)

and lastly:
It is possible to get better gas mileage from a 350 chevy blueprinted, stroked, etc. with gayle banks twin turbo setup. Slap that into a vette, datsun, stang, ranger, noble M12, the list goes on.

hell the list goes on...
5. a porche GT has more than enough power to turn heads and pwn everything on the road at >500hp and i wouldn't be a bit suprised if it handles better.

etc.

I digress.
1) valid opinion
2) if you're paying 1.25 million dollars for a 1001hp car, would you REALLY give a flyin **** about gas mileage??
3) same as 2, if you have the $ for a million dollar car you have the $ to replace whats broken on it. i'm sure bugatti/vw would take care of you too
4) so what if you can make a car with a turboed v8? you still don't have a 1000hp supercar that will go 254mph.
5) it still doesn't have 1001hp :p it may own the thing around a track but it still doesn't have the bragging rights the veyron has. the veyron sounds awesome too

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
we're talking about turbod vehicles wither way, which means its still going to be relatively streetable. Hell for that matter 1000hp isn't very streetable to begin with. Go drive a high hp car a time or two and you'll know what I mean.

Honestly I don't give a damn if the veryon has "bragging rights" or how fast it goes. I dont' like the looks of it and i'd rather have a car for half the cost that won't be a ***** to repair and that can go just as fast when i need it to. You have to keep in mind that this 254mph or w/e will take forever to get up to anyway. Good luck finding that straight-of-way when you want it.

Call me what you will but i think its just a big expensive ego booster.

Just my .02 bits.

ohh and if i had the money. I wouldn't be touching the veryon anyway, i'd be going for the car that kept the worlds fastest sportscar title for what over a decade, the mclaren F1.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
actually, it doesnt take that long to get up to...its 0-60 time is 2.something, and its 0-100 time is what most supercars 0-60 time is. this car is SUPER fast. Wait, wouldnt all expensive cars be considered ego-boosters? they make you look important, and people like that. I like the car and all, but i see what youre getting at, and yes, a car like this is very impractical for ANYONE to drive.

EDIT: btw, my friend thought the same thing about this car compared to the mclaren f1. This car pretty much owns it, besides the fact that it has a little less handling because it weighs a bit more.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i've always found this car to be ugly. Everyone seems to be drooling over it's "speed" screw speed. When i'm shelling out that much money i want looks and style. And a NAME. Like Ferrari, something that everyone and their aunt knows.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Another thing about this car and a suped up 350. Would that 350 be a reliable everyday driver? Probably not. Usually engines like that are prone to breaking down and do not perform well unless run wide open. The Veyron has been tested and could be driven everyday, in normal city use.

And yea, it is kinda fugly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts