Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to walmart today since I was feeling kinda down from the bad weather and looking at the people that inhabit Walmart cheers me up.

Anyway, they had these little kits that are models of engines, pretty cool stuff if you are into cars. They had a Ford 427 SOHC, Chevy 350, Corvette 327 FI, and a few others. Took about an hour to do (would have taken less if I used glue that actually sticks) and all it requires is a phillips screwdriver and some model glue. Looks nice on my desk next to the piston. :)

Attachments

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sumsimpleracer said:
very cool, everything pretty proportionate to the real deal?
1/6th scale I belive. It's pretty cool, if you turn the fan you also turn the generator, balancer, flywheel, and starter.....basically like a real engine. The only bad thing about it is no internals (pistons, crankshaft, camshafts, ect).

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
omg you have a piston on your desk?

haha i hope this doesnt seem gay but.....

lol

but mines alil more extreme

and has been through hell

·
Registered
895 Posts
My friends and I are helping another jeeper at college build a 4.6 stroker for his jeep in his dorm. His roommate is pissed. Right now its getting all the machine work done, but we stained the carpet pretty good. It's on a stand, so we just wheel it out of the way under the loft at night.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
XtremeAaron said:
Hang out with your wang out?
haha jk

lol thats the dry-erase sign from my freshman year in college, we wrote that on there during orientation cause other people had...... well i dont wanna piss off mods so, imagine that phrase but with other words that rhyme

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
martix_agent said:
Pat what the crap did you do to that piston? I've never seen one that' warped in my life!

of course, i've onyl worked on small engines like lawnmowers, that probally explains it

its out of my dads circle track car. The crank snapped, and this happened to the rod/piston :-(

its a 6" billet crower rod, with a domed ross piston...... this one rod/piston assembly was worth about 300$ at one time :(

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pistons just make such excellent desk top items. The only bad thing about them though is sometimes people think they are ash trays. :mad:

What was the compression ratio on that engine? Looks like the pistons that went in the '32, though not as knarley. :)

By the way, I have the same laptop as you as well. I think we may be seperated at birth or something. ;0

martix_agent said:
of course, i've onyl worked on small engines like lawnmowers, that probally explains it
That's where my piston came from. It's one out of a little two stroke I tore apart. I was going to put a piston from one of the old cummins or cat diesels on my desk, but that's like keeping a paint can on your desk. I figured that little 3hp flat top was more reasonable.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
doomsday said:
Pistons just make such excellent desk top items. The only bad thing about them though is sometimes people think they are ash trays. :mad:

What was the compression ratio on that engine? Looks like the pistons that went in the '32, though not as knarley. :)

By the way, I have the same laptop as you as well. I think we may be seperated at birth or something. ;0

ok now your just creeping me out, lol

as far as the compression ratio goes, i'll quote my dad, i asked him that the first time i saw this piston and he told me it had "as much as he could possibly get". which was around 14:1 compression. This was in his dirt modified motor, 339cid, ran on alcohol so u could really advance the hell out of it with alot of compression and not worry.

i found this is a VERY expensive piston. my dad paid around 2000$ for 8 of them. its a custom shaped piston made to fit his combustion chamber like a glove, and he ordered a one of a kind feature that nobody else has tried, moving the top ring up as high as possible (alcohol runs cooler so he got away with this) which has a handful of effects

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Pierced said:
i have no clue what this is out of but it was free i found it in a house i cleaned out :)

and this one came from the same place its a big mofo

........ dude i think thats a nascar piston, lol, well its at least a VERRRYYYY expensive rod (aluminum rods are rated to like 1500hp) and thats a verrryyyyy expensive piston (its very short with very small skirts, a hardcore racing piston)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts