Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously **** them. Those greedy ****ers are charging to download the new maps coming out. Oh noes Halo 2 is possibly the best selling game ever so lets charge our players to download the goddamn maps!

**** Bungie.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
" “But Xbox Live subscribers get all those new maps for free, right?” you inevitably inquire. Impatient fool! Of course. But you’ll have to wait for it. To avoid melting the internet, Microsoft will be staggering the release of the maps on Xbox Live. The first four maps will be available for download by late April, two months before the pack itself is released. Two of those maps, Containment and Warlock, will be absolutely, positively, 100% free. The other two, Turf and Sanctuary, will be available as a set for $5.99. The next five maps, Terminal, Relic, Elongation, Gemini, and Backwash, will be available for download on June 28 for the price of $11.99. But all hope is not lost! Bungie assures us that every single map will be available for free by “late summer.” Whether this equates to July or September is anyone’s guess. So those of you with a lot of patience can take heart. The rest of you, well… better set aside $17.98 right now for good measure. Did I hear someone say “microtransaction?”" http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000797037692/

They're free if you just wait. So don't *****. If they can make a quick buck by people that are impatient, then hell, more power to them. Just wait a couple months and it's free. Calm down.

- Brian

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
haha i love how everybody says they hate bungie, considering microsoft makes all the decisions. Bungie is like slaves to them now

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
oCRAZYSPRAYERo said:
haha i love how everybody says they hate bungie, considering microsoft makes all the decisions. Bungie is like slaves to them now
Yeap. That's why Oni sucked so bad. Microsoft bought out Bungie when it was halfway done, and when you play it you can tell when Microsoft took over. Everything kick-ass about it was gone...

Microsoft blows, but it's just like Smart Parts- good products, ****ty business practices.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
DuoDSG said:
Microsoft blows, but it's just like Smart Parts- good products, ****ty business practices.
Word...

·
Banned
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't ****ing care same thing Microsoft is the biggest coperation and they need a "quick buck"? Quick buck my ass.

I'd pay to play Halo 2 with free map downloads and no gay ass glitches. I remember when that game revolved around skill, not glitching.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is the story.

We're releasing a total of nine new multiplayer maps.
All nine maps will eventually be available as Live downloads and as a normal boxed game disc - available at retail for $19.99 (US).
The release on Live will be staggered, some paid, some free!
The first two maps are free and coming in a few short weeks. (late April)
The same day the 2 free maps are released, 2 additional maps will be available for purchase.
The remaining 5 maps will be made available as a paid download on the same day the retail package goes on sale.
The retail disc will contain extras, including a documentary, a cool project from our cinematic and animation team, every Halo 2 update released so far and possily one or two other little treats.
By late summer, ALL the maps will be available for free.

go here if you would like to learn more on the maps

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular&p=2803031

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Cry me a river.

As said above, all you impatient people who were too impatient too even finish the paragraph Bungie wrote can have get the maps at the end of the summer.

Do you think they did the work making the maps for nothing? Did you think when you paid for the game that cost included the cost of DLC? Get ready.... you didn't. Otherwise, Bungie could have just given you some tiny square with nothing in it, called it a map, and technically they fulfilled their promise of DLC on the back of the box.

Solution:
1- Find 4 friends with Halo 2
2- The 5 of you can buy the $20 game if you chip in $4 each
3- Buy game from store ***
4- All of you put the maps of your box

***Assuming that you haven't flooded surrounding stores with your tears after finding out it will cost you your life savings.

·
GO BUCKS
798 Posts
Id tell you something.....if i put a year months worth or however long into these maps i wouldnt give them for free....and calm down buddy us xbox live people get the first 4 free then the rest are going to be staggered between free and paid downloads.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
DarkLord said:
Here is the story.

We're releasing a total of nine new multiplayer maps.
All nine maps will eventually be available as Live downloads and as a normal boxed game disc - available at retail for $19.99 (US).
The release on Live will be staggered, some paid, some free!
The first two maps are free and coming in a few short weeks. (late April)
The same day the 2 free maps are released, 2 additional maps will be available for purchase.
The remaining 5 maps will be made available as a paid download on the same day the retail package goes on sale.
The retail disc will contain extras, including a documentary, a cool project from our cinematic and animation team, every Halo 2 update released so far and possily one or two other little treats.
By late summer, ALL the maps will be available for free.

go here if you would like to learn more on the maps

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular&p=2803031
did i not say this in like the 3rd or 4th post... that really shows how little people pay attention. IT'S FREE NUMB NUTS!!!!

god...

- Brian

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Xball said:
I don't ****ing care same thing Microsoft is the biggest coperation and they need a "quick buck"? Quick buck my ass.

I'd pay to play Halo 2 with free map downloads and no gay ass glitches. I remember when that game revolved around skill, not glitching.
agreed with all of what you said in there, but don't be dissin bungie, they were a great company until MS bought them, Halo 2's not a bad game, but could have been better, mucho better

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
This kids, is why Halo 2 sucks.
Fixxed.

But not really... i still enjoy the game. Its awesome, but its not the halo i know and love.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts