Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well my CD Burner and DVD burner are both royally messed up.

I tried buring A Few Loose Screws, nice little motorcycle video thats 3 and a half gigs no compression, and it gets about half way done, still says its burning but it's not. I let it run for HOURS and it does nothing. Then when I cancel it, everything gets screwed up. It should not be doing this, because when I burn DVDs on my dad's computer and our garage server, it gets the job done in like 10 minutes.

I close all apps while I burn also. I'm burning at 4x also and it's just making me very annoyed. Also whenever I try to burn using my cd burner or even dvd burner, it fails to complete the disc.

My computer can definatly handle it, and it used to work great. Running Athlon XP 3200+ 512mb DDR Asus Motherboard and 120gb HD.

Any help? MY father knows everything about computers but he is not around very much...

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
sounds like the read write head is jamming or is just goofed. just for saftey tho, reinstall your burning software. i think you just need a new burner tho.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ****ing way I'm buying a new ****ign peice of **** burner when I just paid like 70 bucks for this one not too long ago agh I'm using Nero.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I bought this before we got one in the garage. Plus the garage server is a crappy dell and is slow and my dad uses it for images for hard drives and not enough space for DVDs.

Also I make movies and so a lot of video editing on my computer.

·
12,110 Posts
Driver conflict. Close out all non-nessecary programs, then try.

If not, uninstall the drivers, and reinstall. Screw around in the device manager. Right click on my computer and click manage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts