Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is just something that I thought of and I figured I want your opinions.
The hemi: known for being the best of 8 cylinders. Winning drag races left and right, chargers, challenger, the most powerful 8 cylinders.
Dodge brought back the hemi, but in a completely different manner.

Instead of making powerful muscle cars that the hemi was designed for, they have put the hemi in a STATION wagon and a TRUCK! Now I like the truck Idea, but this is just holding the hemi back and it's a stupid idea. The hemi is designed for power, now, the station wagon is stupid, the truck, i understand, with a hemi u could pull a b*tch load.
But why just bring the hemi back for a station wagon and a truck instead of a remake of a challenger or something?

anyways, incase you guys haven't seen a hemi, this is my uncles car, crow racing *no, not crow racing products, if you have seen OLDER drag racing videos, you will know of him, he's coming back into racing soon*

*edit, i'll get pics up later, gotta go to image shack real quick.*

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But i mean, why put an expensive ass engine in a magnum? The truck I understand. The magnum, why couldn't they just use a turbo charged v8 instead of a hemi, it's like they are putting the hemi in it to make it to get more money. No need to have a hemi in a station wagon.

The pics above my friends, is what the hemi is made for. Every ounce of potential has been used. My uncle's custom built hemi, before they they stopped the dyno test to avoid burning up the dyno, it registered 1003 hp, the full horse power is kinda unknown, the first test he ever did it kept shutting down the dyno.

·
Registered
967 Posts
dude the hemi isnt really that great of an engine

its good but its not a huge performance engine like the ford hurricane v8 (not out yet) and the viper v10

now those are specific engines for alot of power now the hemi is a nice V8 that is meant to go in about everything

the dodge trucks have it the 300c has it (very sweet car) the magnum has it (a great muscel car that has so much potential) the jeep grand cherokee has it and there will be many dodge/chrystler/jeep vehicles to come that will have this engine.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I mean, why aint dodge bringing back the hemi cars and making new cars instead of what they are doing. It's just a thought. I mean, Hemi's have awesome potential, and old models can be sold pretty high.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dodge is bringing back the Charger, same platform as the Magnum it looks like right now. Personally I don't think the hemi engines are anything spectacular, give me the new LS7 any day of the week.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
the new charger will basically be a magnum without the back.. basically like how a dakota is a durango without the back... except in car form...i dont think they lok that hot, but i dont think they're wrecking the engines rep or anything wither by doing it.. dodge is making money off of it, it's still a powerful engine, and it's a very good selling strategy by dodge overall...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
lol the new charger from what i have seen looks like crap... and now i lover dodge chargers... but after 1970 they are crap

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But the muscle car in general looks has gone to crap.
Mustangs: everyone owns one.
Cammarows: same
Pontiac: Who doesn't own one, and they ALL look the same.
corvette: almost everyone.

Basically, everyone's getting a muscle car and they are losing popularity. Show me an old charger daytona and an 05 mustang, I'll pick the charger daytona.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
fords suck...nuf said

the hemi is ok...the old chargers and hemi cudas were nice...the only thing with a hemi i like right now is the ram...other than that nothin really

the srt engines are really sweet...one of my sisters friends has the neon srt-4 and its pretty fast, a guy i used to mow lawns for bought the viper srt-10 and he gave me a ride in that and i loved it...never been in or seen the ram srt-10s in person or anything...but i know the engine kicks ass

the charger looks dumb IMO...should be more like the older ones...with 2 doors...looks stupid. And i hate the magnums too...same with the 300 series cars...dont like how they look and where i live the only people that are driving those things around are older people

right now i am in arizona and im seein a lot of nice cars, tons more than what i see in stupid illinois...i have witnessed a couple street races already...one was a new ram against what i think was a ford lightning...just saw the start and the guy in the lightning was HORRIBLE at shifting...the dodge got a better start but i am sure the lightning caught up to it because if im not mistaken, i read somewhere (i think truckin' magazine) that the lightning svt or something like that was clocked at 147mph or somethin like that...not 100% sure though

new hemis arent that great....well they are ok but the cars that they are bein put in are stuipid

edit: also...one of my friends is obsessed with the new mustangs...i personally hate them...i hate how they look and i hate ford in general...there arent many cars ford makes that i would consider buying...today i saw a guy in a mustang cobra that had TONS of money put into it, new everything...and the guy was in his 60s...pissed me off because when he left where i saw it (tortilla flat, mesa arizona) he was just puttin along...the only time i hurd the engine roar was when he started it up and then when he had it in neutral and hit the gas...frickin old farts...there are tons of them with really nice cars now a days...saw one old lady the other day in an old trans am...and this thing was nice...just idling the thing sounded sweet...when the light turned green...she didnt even punch it...if i had a car like that i would slam that pedal and take off like a bat outa hell

·
Registered
967 Posts
lol your just a biased chevy lover

i dont care who makes the car if its a good car then ima respect it
chevy cant touch ford right now

the gt kills the vette the f-series is selling more than ever and the mustang is tight as hell

chevy wont be back in it for a while cause the GR-1 will be coming out and after that will be the cobra or something simular

dodges srt series is so cool

and chevys vette is still a great car

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
who ever said i liked chevy???? i dont like them very much at all either

the gts are pretty nice...the older corvettes are ok...the f series...no...mustangs...the older ones are tons better

i somewhat like dodge...all the cars i would ever want i wont be able to afford so yea...im getting my dads 98 ram so im kinda happy about that

right now one of the only new old cars i would buy is the gto...i have always loved gtos and i always will...great cars IMO

i hate chevy as much as i hate ford...i dont know why i hate them but i just do...always have and always will

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i think vettes and vipers look better than fords gt... just my opinion tho.. i dont care what's faster, because when you have a car like that, they're all fast enough, i like how the new vettes and vipers look...

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
You're all saying how the Ford GT is so great, and how it'll kill a Vette and all that. Well you seem to be forgetting the fact that a C6 costs about 1/3 of the price of a GT. Not everyone can afford a GT. Not to mention the C6 does suprisingly well for it's price. I mean, a 0-60 of about 4.5s compared to the 3.3s for the Ford GT. Is 1.2s really worth an extra $100,000?

-Jin

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
god knows i didn't read it all...but tehy also offer the hemi in the 300 sedan... for a bigg price...

i wouldn't mind having a magnum. they're cool. the thing is that dodge dosen't ahve a muscle type car to stick the hemi in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know what all the hype is about the Ford GT, yea its fast, but the build quality is terrible especially for the price. Its like they built it to sit in someones garage and not to be driven. The muscle cars are just dying out, GM discontinued the f-bodies and no longer have a competitor for the mustang (which I think is ugly now). They brought back the GTO and while the LS2 is an awesome engine its just priced too high, it would be better aimed at the BMW market rather than trying to sell it to younger people who want a muscle car because none can afford it. The trend now is the sport compact car with forced induction, kids worship the SRT-4, STI and GM is getting into the game with the Ion redline, Cobalt SS and soon the Solstice and Sky will be out. This leaves us muscle car lovers waiting for a miracle. The rumor is the Camaro will be back in 07 (no go for the firebird) but I fear GM will build a bland car with a good engine and price it too high.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts