Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up gents? It's been a minute. Anyway, I just wanted to post and see what everyone's been up to. I've been working my ass of at school, working 3 days a week, and starting my own company, so I've been quite busy the last few weeks.

I'm about to leave tomorrow AM for an excellent ski trip to Park City, UT, so needless to say I'm ****in pumped about that.

Anything exciting going on in anyone's lives? My exciting thing would have to be starting the company. Hopefully in about 3-4 months I'll be working for myself and making decent money, so I'm psyched. I gotta get out of mom and dad's house. This **** sucks.

-Matt

*edit*

ALSO: is anyone else getting Mass Effect 3? **** comes out in 3 days and I cannot wait. I'm pissed that I'm going to be out of town when it releases but I've pre-loaded it to my computer already so as soon as I'm back in town I'm going to play the **** out of it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I've been wanting to start my own legit business for a while now, just can't without any capital. My dad cashed in his pension but it's a 30% tax penalty if he doesn't re-invest it so there goes that investment opportunity.

Some day...

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** yea Mass Effect 3! I can't wait.

What kind of business are you starting?
Mass Effect 3 is ****ing BADASS.

I'm developing an app with a buddy of mine. We applied for a program and if we're accepted we'll be moving out to California to work full time on the project. **** is ****in EXCITING. I learn April 16 whether or not we got accepted.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Mass Effect 3 is ****ing BADASS.

I'm developing an app with a buddy of mine. We applied for a program and if we're accepted we'll be moving out to California to work full time on the project. **** is ****in EXCITING. I learn April 16 whether or not we got accepted.
More information? I have big ideas for the next big social networking site/app but have no idea how I'm going to progress forward.

·
1,751 Posts
More information? I have big ideas for the next big social networking site/app but have no idea how I'm going to progress forward.
Step one is clearly defining your product, the "what". Even if you don't know how to code, you'll start off by outlining the problems your application will solve, then move into defining the features your product offers in order to solve said problems. Once you've got that, it's time to move into technical details surrounding the actual creation of the product, the "how". This is where you either need to break down the technical aspects of getting the project done by yourself, or it's time to go build a team who can do this for you.

The #1 thing is to assure your idea is well documented and thought out. Once you have some documentation, you now have a product that simply isn't developed yet, rather than just an idea. Once you hit this point, you can seek out assistance from SBA and other free resources to help with the how portion of the business if you are still stuck.

If you are serious about this and want some examples for help, shoot me a PM and I'll share a couple docs from past projects with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts