Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow, friday november 28th, is Buy Nothing Day. Please join in with the 1000s (hopefully millions) of other people that wont be purchasing anything tomorrow. If want to buy food, go ahead.. but get it from a food store and prepare it yourself. or go to a small time resturant.. dont go and get fast food at mcdonalds or some other ****ty corp.

So please, support the cause, buy nothing tomorrow. and its not jsut tomorrow.. keep going.. then longer the better.

For more information check out these sites:
http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/
http://www.buynothingday.co.uk/ (this is in europe, theirs is on the 29th)
http://www.ddh.nl/nwd/english.htm

oh and I'm going to say right now. I've made this thread to inform.. and I don't care if you think it's stupid, so don't bothering replying and saying that it is..

·
Registered
36 Posts
What exactly is the point of it?
and I highly doubt people won't buy anything, you know how much stuff I bought today and it's only 6pm, I've already spent over 200$ and that's just on random junk, I also have to go buy food for the big ass dinner tonight, I can't 13 people with what I have lying around the house.

I know you told people not but, but I have to say, this sounds stupid.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
I really don't get the point of this...
Buying things is what keeps the world rolling....
We would degenerate into anarchy if everyone simply stopped buying permanently...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Let me give you a series of events that would take place if no one in the world purchased anything for 1 day.
Economy would drop
drop = no one buys
no one buys = economy drops more
economy drops more = no one eats
no one eats = they get mad
people get mad = people kill
people killing = more people killing
whole world buys a 12 pack of bud
bud = good economy
good economy = people buy things
people buy things = happiness

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
check the links i provided to answer your questions

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
and the canadian remarks.. its an international thing.. not just canada

edit- haha

The initiative for the Buy Nothing Day was taken in 1992, in Canada, by Ted Dave, who was working in the advertising world. By doing this, he wanted to perform an act against the constant appeal to overconsume, which advertisements pour out on us. His motto was: Enough is enough! Since then the idea of the Buy Nothing Day has been adopted by increasingly more countries. This year there will be activities in at least thirteen countries.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i have an idea for saturday
take out these ppl (the ppl making this up)
its a gay idea

think about
if we buy nothing then no one makes money
ur jobs rely on this no matter what u do or where u work

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
frigil economy... heh.. maybe if your country spent less on military stuff...

the united states spends more on defense then the 20 next top spenders combined..

last number i saw was 399 billion.. wow... imagine if that money was equally divided between health care.. hospitals, schooling, roads, welfare, etc... american has the potential to be the greatest nation in the world.. from a citizens point of view, not a military point of view...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sobbing* oh but our economy

boo who... the main point of it is that 20% of the worlds total human population is consuming 86% of the worlds natural resources.. that 20% is us. North Americans and the 1st world countries in Europe...

I dunno about you.. but i think the welfare of our planet is far more important than the welfare of a couple countries.

and what about the other 80% of the world.. are they left to share the 14% of the worlds natural resources left to them?

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahh the north american mentality.. find a scape goat...

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
so you're telling people not to shop on the most convienient day of the year, and what is considered to be the beginning of the holiday season?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts