Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i buy a pro custom rear bolt. I would like to find a derlin one so its not so bad on the inside of the gun. if im not mistaken its the silver piece that holds the cocking pin. I already have a rufus dawg front bolt, but im kind of new with tippmann so can someone help me out? Is it even necessary to buy a rear bolt??

·
Registered
49 Posts
The rear bolt your talking about is called the Hammer. A titanium one was made a while back but there not easy to find...

No replacement hammer is needed unless you damage the stock one. I wouldn't reccomend wasting your money on a new front bolt either.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Nope. I don't think you'll find a derlin rear bolt...I think it would be too light to open the valve whe it hit.

Anyway, there's the rear bolt, and the rear bolt insert. The insert is aluminum and really light to begin with. The rear bolt, the outer part, is steel and heavy. You could lighten it, like many spyder owners do, by grinding it or drilling it, but there's very little to gain from the work put in.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
IF you want to improve the back half try polishing the insides of the shell.

It costs less and improve the gun some. (PM me if you want to know how)

as for lightening the hammer, hammer comes with an aluminum insert that is enclosed in a heavier steal shell. see if you can find/machine a replacement insert made of darlin cause the main spring rubs on this insert when the gun fires and is recocked

·
Registered
599 Posts
The Rear Bolt you are thinking of is the Dark Horizon Titanium Hammer. They have 2 versions: A regular Titanium Hammer and a Lite Titanium Hammer. The "LITE" version will not work with the RT. I thought about buying one, but decided against it. I have read reviews on it, and so far they are all good. I wouldn't buy one for the price ($65) unless you have the money to blow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts