Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here know c++? i was wondering if its worth learning on my own, or just taking a class at school that teaches it. today was career day and one of the careers i got was computers. the guy there was awsome, and it made me really want to learn c++. so is can anyone give me details about it?

·
12,110 Posts
I dont know the first thing about it. Only thing I've ever programmed was a program on my calculator so that I didn't have to do the distance formula out, and one so I didn't have to do out quadratic equations.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
I'm a CS major. If you like programming you had better be prepared to take a lot of math in college. It's pretty fun, but it's hard as hell. I have so much more homework than any of the other people I know, even pre-med hasn't had to study near as much as I have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Forget C++. Go with C#, it's the newer version. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to know both. The easiest language I know is VB. If all you can get at your local university is C++ it wouldn't hurt to learn it. Once you understand programming logic, learning the syntax of various languages is not too hard. Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gabriot said:
I'm a CS major. If you like programming you had better be prepared to take a lot of math in college. It's pretty fun, but it's hard as hell. I have so much more homework than any of the other people I know, even pre-med hasn't had to study near as much as I have.
Not all CS programs are math heavy. Mine is more business heavy. I guess it leans more towards management than engineering. And that is fine with me! thumup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gabriot said:
Well if you go BA you won't get as much math, but the BA is geared more towards a business related job.
It's not a BA, it's a BS. It's just not as heavy on math, which is part of the reason that I went with the college. That and the fact that 98% of the classes can be taken online.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i don't know jack about C++ i'm not a programmer, in fact i hate programming. i have a couple of friends who do it though.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
my dads a programmer, its a tough job because theres always new stuff coming out that you have to learn

but if you're into that kind of stuff it can be a really fun job

1 - 11 of 11 Posts