Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help, my valve is leaking so i've striped it from its casing but can not get it apart to change the internal O rings. How do you open it up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
owners manual says valve disassembly not recomended !!! what can i do? im from the uk and dont really want to send it to tippman. its still under warrenty but ive lost the reciet and stupidly brought it from the u.s and not england. so will have an argument on who pays the repair bill

·
Registered
226 Posts
Darn man, I don't know what to tell you, I know nothing about the Valve, wait for a little bit on here and someone will respond.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Remove the retainer ring and clean all the surfaces and reassemble it just the way it came apart. If you screw it up, just get a new valve ($35)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
any tips or guide to removing the retaining ring as i dont want to shag it up. :yikes
ive tried to remove the snap ring, holding down the valve plug and prize'in it out with a drawing compass point but it just wont have it.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Just keep at it, its a b-i-you-know-what to get out. But chances are you wont damage it. And if you do like I said your out 35 bucks.....another option is to call tippmann tell em you bought the gun in the last six months and the valve wont quit leaking chances are they will send you a new valve assembly FOC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it seems to have worked. took the valve apart, gave it a clean and oiled up the O rings and reassembled, it stopped for the time being. its true what they say about tippys, you can burry them, dig em up 6 months later- give it a clean and they work as new! thumup:

thanks for the help

·
Registered
559 Posts
write an email to tippmann.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just to add insult to injury the marker, now reassembled fires two rapid shots and de-cocks its self. any help. this marker is causin me no end of hassle :?
could it be caused by polishin the internals or the dodgy valve?. (the other marker ive done it to runs fine).

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
check your sear and make sure you have it set up correctly and make sure your detent is ok. It sounds like the sear though. You cock it, and pull the trigger the the recoil blast blows the hammer back but its not catching the sear and then slams into the pin valve again causing the second shot to occur. Either the sear is not set up correctly to catch the hammer on the recoil or the valve is not letting enuff recoil air thru to blow the hammer all the way back to catch the sear, or your tank is low on air. I bet the first shot sounds normal but the second shot is much weaker. Does that sound like the case to you? Make sure your tank is full and try it again and see what happens. Let me know whats going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will try the c02, but if it is the sear, how can it be remedied? it is set as the gun allows it (if you know what i mean). the hammer is not returning as far back after shooting as when you manually cock it. it feels as though its gettin court or stickin slightly in the plastic casein which holds the valve.
when i took the valve apart i oiled up all the O rings, could that be causing a slight vacuum in the valve or casin......... i duno, ive had enough of this head ache gun. i wonna shoot it not take it apart 100 times.

the detent is sound and once again thanks for the help and feed back thumup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Full tank. still the same problem. it has to be the valve. what if i cut the spring in the back which would make it easer for the hammer to return fully to the sear ( bad idea but im running out of options).

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
When you do that you limit the velocity you'll be able to shoot as well. That spring controls how hard the hammer hits the valve and in turn, how far and long the valve opens.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
DONT CUT THAT SPRING!!!!
Is the power tube cracked? Have you put a few drops of oil in the ASA and dry fired any? Have polished your internals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the power tube int cracked (im pritty sure) and i have yes i have polished the internals, but only used wire wool as i didnt want to take too much off. i have oiled eveything up, inc the bottle and dry fired it, its gotta be the crap valve. :mad:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yeah, sounds like it to me too. My tippy started leaking down the barrel and I tried everything. I took apart the valve assembly and cleaned it and it seemed to fix the problem but shortly it started leaking down the barrel again, afterter a couple more attemps at taking apart the valve I finally gave up and got a new valve. $35 from tippmann and it worked like a charm ever since.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Actually I just read where you said it was still under warranty. Call up tippmann and tell them whats going on. I bet a cheeseburger that they will send you another one for free even without your receipt.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tippmann is usually very nice about replacing faulty parts. Their customer service is the bomb.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts