Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my dilemma..

I know dog crap about computer stuff.
Basically I have a Cable Modem, and i have a cable hookup in my basement where the PS2 is located. If I get a "cable splitter" to get 2 cables out of one jack and put on in my tv then put in my network adapter. Sounds good, right? WRONG. On the photo of it the hookups look like thier for phone hookup clicky thingys. What do I do, is thier a cable which starts as cable and ends as clicky thing? lol or do i need a router or something....

if you need more detail then "clicky thingy" i guess ask or something :dodgy:

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
you dont need a router, but if your modem has an ethernet port (where the clicky thing goes) then all you need is an ethernet cable (cat 5 cable, they're really cheap on ebay) and plug it into your network adapter (if you have one, or if you have the new ps2 there should be an ethernet port already)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
make sure you get one long enough.... its good to have a long one...ethrinet cord im talkinga bout..... i got a 50ft one at ebgames for $10 so yeah

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
Mario said:
make sure you get one long enough.... its good to have a long one...ethrinet cord im talkinga bout..... i got a 50ft one at ebgames for $10 so yeah
yea cuz it always sucks to have to stretch your cord out and have your ps2 almost off the ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts