Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer is so messed up. I will just be sitting here on the comp., and it will randomly refresh/open internet explorer over and over again. I have run a virus scan, and did not find anything. I cannot restart in DOS to run scandisk, nor can i find scandisk. I have windows XP. Any advice?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reinstall windows..could be a newer virus or somthing like that..if that doesnt work, call microsoft and complain about their sh*tty XP ( i got it too), It is the WORST version yet..then request a replacement Xp, could be defective..:eek:

·
Registered
302 Posts
yeah....im still runnin 98...no probs so far:D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my **** sister decided to go from 98 to XP and it did nothing to fix our old problems, and all i did was install an anti virus and that worked. oh well my sisters bf will figure something out (he is great on computers)

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok..one solution for everyones problems w/their computer!!!

BUY A NEW ONE!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
xp is all bubbley and gay. i have 98 its cool and easy. i suggest going to www.moosoft.com and dling "the cleaner" its a 30 day free trial that will scan for trojans (remote acsess to ure comp), and other maliacoious viriis. if u dont mind reinstalling everything reformatt ure computer. also defragment ure comp and run scandisk to make most errors go away and keep ure comp like new.

·
Registered
77 Posts
in my tech class at school all the computers have XP on them. its great because they keep messing up and we dont have to do anything in class thumup:

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have never had any problems with XP. probably cause my dad installed it right. but go to internet explorer, then click on tools. then go to internet options and click on delete cookies. that might help.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had 37 trojans found. Fixed them, and then right on the computer this morning someone messed with the internet right infront of my eyes. it had this "should be data" and "actual data."
Also, it is the BDE, and says the type is client/server. is this fatal to my computer? if so, what should i do?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts