Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few questions:

1.)Would you play in an indoor facility designed for paintball located 5 miles within I-270 in Columbus situated somewhere on the North,east, or southside of I-270 outside of Columbus?

2.)How often would you play at said facility?

3.)Finally are you interested in tourney play or just rec-ball or a little of both?

Alright people I need some good insight on this, I need to know if it would be worth opening a field.

However I do not need to know your take on the current situation of the sport and its current popularity, that has already been done. I just need to know how often you would play at an indoor field in the location specified.

·
Etek Owner
546 Posts
There are enough fields as it is in Ohio. There's an indoor one near Cin, Toledo, and Canton. Which, pretty much covers most of the state. I doubt I would ever come to a field in Columbus. If you think you're going to make a fortune by making a "hobby," a business, that's not what owning of field is like. Many fields have had a hard time staying open for the past couple years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
a few things

first off I do not play anymore. Also if you wouldn't come to columbus because its too far then your not in my market area. I have already gotten some good responses and insight for players in the "central" ohio area. Most are really looking forward to the possibility of a field going up in "Central" ohio as there isn't one. But i do appreciate your input eventhough I was wondering what people in central ohio thought.

And you can make money operating a field if you have business sense and understand the players. If there was no money to be made why did the industry bank billions of dollars last year? Also if it didn't make money there would be no fields for players to play at.

·
Etek Owner
546 Posts
Most paintball fields aren't a gold mine. And those are companies selling markers and other equipment, that made the large portion of those billions(that i've never heard of). Have you made s thread on PBNation? If you make one about this in the Ohio section, you're going to get more responses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah

Yeah gonna post over there now I think seeing as how I've only gotten one response lol. And yes I am very well aware that 70-75% of all revenue in the industry comes from paint, marker, and accessory sellers and manufactuers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts