Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been testing different types of camo and i want one that will conceil me and not be visible against the leaves and the browns but military camo has too much green and im tall anyway so could you give me some suggestions? and keep in mind im not made of money.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home made ghillie suite.

Burlap and Jute aren't that expensive.

Burlap for leaves, Jute for thin grassy like stuff
i know that but where can i get it cause when i look online for it they just say about sewing stuff. do you have a website?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you know how much it is???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about the one inch netting you need to attach it to?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know where you're coming from -- you want the best camo ever. You may or may not agree with this statement in a year or so.

Forest BDUs have a lot of green... more important than the colors however, is the pattern. Any camo will break up the recognizable human form. I use forest bdu camo -- from head to toe starting with a beanie and ending with my boots. I also play in the Las Vegas desert -- not exactly a forest.

People tell me I am very hard to see at any distance except up close. Look for yourself: Slideshow of PB1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Keep this in mind. A ghillie suit is fantastic camo because it's three dimensional... it also comes with three dimensional problems like snagging on terrain and needing upkeep/repairs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know where you're coming from -- you want the best camo ever. You may or may not agree with this statement in a year or so.

Forest BDUs have a lot of green... more important than the colors however, is the pattern. Any camo will break up the recognizable human form. I use forest bdu camo -- from head to toe starting with a beanie and ending with my boots. I also play in the Las Vegas desert -- not exactly a forest.

People tell me I am very hard to see at any distance except up close. Look for yourself: Slideshow of PB1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Keep this in mind. A ghillie suit is fantastic camo because it's three dimensional... it also comes with three dimensional problems like snagging on terrain and needing upkeep/repairs.
yea but im in the woods and alot is close up so i need a ghillie sorta.

·
Registered
533 Posts
yea but im in the woods and alot is close up so i need a ghillie sorta.

You could get away with adding materials to your mask, gun, and shirt. Forest BDU camo is a good base to put some netting on and adding three dimensional materials.

I just wanted to warn you that with the complexity of a ghillie suit comes the problems. My friend wore a ghillie for about two weeks before he decided is was far too much trouble. Now he is in regular old camos and he is nice and mobile and can spend time on his game rather than on pulling his suit from brush and tree.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea but im a "sniper" anyways, so it probably wont bother me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well im not a camp sniper but i just like flankin them by myself and layin down and watchin them walk past and then i pop up

·
Registered
533 Posts
well im not a camp sniper but i just like flankin them by myself and layin down and watchin them walk past and then i pop up

A ghillie suit will achieve your goal then. I don't mean to beat a dead horse -- if you can deal with the suit then by all means go for broke and make a nice ghillie.

Stealth is 90% movement, 10% camouflage. The suit will make the job a bit easier, but don't expect it to do the job FOR you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.